wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:LG G2/Nexus7/AcerS500/iPad3
  • Twitter:@wimmme

Hmm...try install google Android SDK.. maybe it will work.

That did it for me too if I remember well ...

Ivan69

Ivan69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Acer S510 & SGS-II
I'm actually having no issues with drivers inside "Acer S500 Emergency Tool_SOP_20120107.zip", taken from Vache's site (if I remember correctly)

[EDIT]: sorry... didn't realized you're using W8x64... I'm on W7x64

Edited by Ivan69, 03 October 2013 - 08:19 AM.

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I.T;High-tech;Gaming;
  • Devices:S500,Explorer,Nexus7,Defy+,

I am trying to install Android SDK Bundle + Java JDK, and after that I will install ADB. Also, please post some site to drivers of Acer S500, because my last error in ADB was the fact that the phone drivers were broken, therefore I haven't even installed them.

Windows 8 is pretty weird, and I'm dissapointed by the lack of support from the drivers producers, including Acer. I think I will go back to W7, but until then I really need to Root my phone in order to get some extra customization...

Thanks for your help, and please don't forget about the drivers :D

[Later EDIT] : Seems like I found the problem. I installed SDK and JDK. Now the error shown by ADB is that my acer has 'driver incorrectly'. After I searched through the error logs from my Acer driver, (USB_Acer_1.0_A40I_A) I found out that the driver is only supported by Windows xp x86 and Windows 7 x64 + x86...  

I don't think there is any driver for Windows 8 ( especially x64 )... But if you think something can be done, please let me ( and the others ) know.

We need the help from this community! xD

Edited by execpwd, 03 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

srsdani

srsdani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:AcerS500+Nokia101
Ok. So all who have problems with drivers!!!
In 90% of cases, the problem is from your PC. More specifically from the WindowsOS.
All those with an illegal WindowsOS have problems.
Enable automatic installation of drivers and updates from the control panel.
I haven't any problems with drivers on Windows 7 or 8. But I activated automatic installation of drivers.

A427

A427

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile
Or you can ditch Windows altogether. Problem solved.

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Let's be serious... Windows 8 is so cheap, everyone can afford an original copy ;). BTW : My Windows is up to date and is also original.

@srsdani I'm curious if you are running Windows 8 x64 and you got the drivers 'served' when you first plugged in your phone.

Still problem not solved.

srsdani

srsdani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Now I have Windows 8. Check: (from windows-computer-advanced system settings-hardware-device installation settings-yes, do it automatically).

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Problem solved! All those who want to know how you can install the drivers please add my skype ID ( on my profile ) and call me on skype, but you will have to trust me if you want to get it working. It's not a hard ( complicated ) process but you may harm your WindowsOS if you are doing it wrong ... ( same risk as Android )

[EDIT] : I also want to know if there is any risk at rooting the romanian version of Acer S500, running orgrod 4.1.2 JB. Also will rooting factory reset Acer ? Any risk of bricking my phone ? Will I be able to unroot it if I have to take it to Orange Service ? Thank you kind sirs.

Edited by execpwd, 04 October 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Ivan69

Ivan69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm using the Romanian version too... I used the version 0.3a of this tool without any issue, successfully rooted
The same tool gives you the possibility to unroot the phone, but sincerly I didn't tried... no reasons to do at the moment

A little risk is always present when tricking with the OS, rooting it, unrooting it, modding it... ;-)

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

I'm using the Romanian version too... I used the version 0.3a of this tool without any issue, successfully rooted
The same tool gives you the possibility to unroot the phone, but sincerly I didn't tried... no reasons to do at the moment

A little risk is always present when tricking with the OS, rooting it, unrooting it, modding it... ;-)

What about the factory reset? I don't know very much about the rooting process since I have only installed already rooted roms and CWM on samsung devices ...

Also , my device is intact, i have no CWM or TWRP installed ... Is it necesary to install one of them before root ? Do they void my warranty ? Considering some problems may/will appear in time ... maybe I will need to take my phone to service, and so far i don't know any method to uninstall CWM or TWRP...

Edited by execpwd, 04 October 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Ivan69

Ivan69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
No factory reset with root/unroot (options 1 and 2 of the tool)

With options 3 and 4 you can boot CWM or TWRP without changing the standard recovery, they're applied only until the next reboot (there're procedure to install them in permanent way)

The same for option 5, in case you've to update SU or AdAway and so on (there're procedures to make the system RW permanent, this will remain active only until next reboot)

CWM/TWRP are not mandatory to apply root

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

No factory reset with root/unroot (options 1 and 2 of the tool)

With options 3 and 4 you can boot CWM or TWRP without changing the standard recovery, they're applied only until the next reboot (there're procedure to install them in permanent way)

The same for option 5, in case you've to update SU or AdAway and so on (there're procedures to make the system RW permanent, this will remain active only until next reboot)

CWM/TWRP are not mandatory to apply root

Ok... Thank you very much. I think this afternoon or night I will try to root my device... I hope everything will be alright... Thanks for the help, Ivan ;D

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hello ! I am back with another 3 questions ( or more ). 1st Q : Where can I find a tutorial to root the device ( step by step ) through the acertool v4? ; 2nd Q : Is busybox compatible with our CloudMobile ? ; 3rd Q : Did anyone try the "sotfkeyz" app ? Is it working on our devices ? Thank you.

razvankim

razvankim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Developing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300
  • Twitter:@none

About rooting you can find tutorial here : http://www.youtube.c...d&v=cRChf-QWbT4

About busybox ...yes it's compatible.

Never tried softekyz app but i think it will work on cm ( do a backup to prevent bad things ) 

Cheers | Hit THANKS if I helped you.
razvankim@MoDaCo

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Thank you. How do you suggest to backup my data ? Through an Android Application or through CWM/TWRP ?

srsdani

srsdani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

razvankim

razvankim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Through CWM or TWRP

razvankim@MoDaCo

lone-wolf

lone-wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello ! I am back with another 3 questions ( or more ). 1st Q : Where can I find a tutorial to root the device ( step by step ) through the acertool v4? ; 2nd Q : Is busybox compatible with our CloudMobile ? ; 3rd Q : Did anyone try the "sotfkeyz" app ? Is it working on our devices ? Thank you.

2. Yes, but you need to reboot in RW mode(option 5 in tool)  to fully install busybox. 

3. Yes, I tried and it works. The phone need to be rooted and, again, you must reboot in RW mode to modify the softkeys.

razvankim

razvankim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Not necesarelly . You can use terminal emulator and type : 

This will mount /system partition and after that you can install busybox without restarting in /rw mode hack from tool

su
mount -o remount,rw / system

Edited by razvankim, 11 October 2013 - 11:32 AM.

razvankim@MoDaCo

execpwd

execpwd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Good to know. Today I had a spare hour and managed to root the device. I will install BusyBox as soon as possible and I will happily use SoftKeyz. Also, did anyone try to unroot the device? Any tutorials out there? I mention that I didn't root the device through the 1st option in the V4 TOOL, I rooted it through TWRP... I hope it won't affect anything. The device works, and I hope it will continue working. (Should I allow or deny in SuperUser the 'systemupdater' tool?) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users