installing apps to sd card

Guest JulianDoe

Guest JulianDoe

hi all.

after a lot of trouble I changed the rom of my ascend g 300. now I'm proud to use Cyanogen 10.2. everything works fine for me but i still have a (small) problem : I can't use anymore Link2SD. it's an app from Google play - I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I have a Kingston SD card - 32 GB. I formatted it with Minitool partition wizard : 26 gb FAT 32 and another 3 gb formatted "2ext". After I inserted the card in the phone, Link2SD said it cant use the 2ext partition - "cant make a script" or something like this...

do you know a solution for solving this ?

or, maybe you know another app capable to move the apps on the SD card ?

thank you.

If you Google link2sd and the error message you may find some useful info - e.g.:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1568686

Why not use the (usually) otherwise unused internal 2GB partition:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359125-mod-link2int-v11-use-2gb-internal-as-app-storage-tested-with-cm9cm10cm101-0312/

Or maybe if link2sd does'r work then link2int won't either...?

Guest george109

You would probably get a lot more answers on the CM10.2 Thread.

I *Think* that It might be because the internal SD card is marked as a normal SD card, so Link2int probably does not recognise the SD card.

You could have a quick read through the CM10.2 thread, as I think that this is mentioned there, but I cant remember the fix.

Guest JulianDoe

oki.

1.sorry for my bad english

2.i hope i will remeber all the steps:

1. Install "Mini Tool Partition Wizzard" on your computer (free on the internet)
  2. Insert your SD Card in a Card reader not in the phone;
  3. Save all data from your SD Card by copying it to your computer if your SD Card was already mounted into your phone. (Don’t skip this part if you want your app work again);
  4. Open Mini Tool / select your SD Card letter / delete partition/ apply; 
  5. Select your SD Card letter again / create / primary / FAT32 / chose your new partition size about 6 Gb on an 8Gb SD Card (to remain at least 2 Gb unallocated) / apply
  6. Select the unallocated partition / create / primary / FAT 32 / apply; (this is the part where i made a mistake : i tried to make an ext2 partition but the phone didnt recognized it. so you have to make 2 partitions, both primary, both FAT32)
  7. Copy all your saved data from computer to SD Card (in the FAT32 partition that Windows can see);
  8. Insert the SD Card into your phone;
  9. Open Link2Sd app from your phone;
  10. App will request to choose the file system / select FAT32 / OK; 
  11. Restart your phone / tap OK;
  12. Open Link2SD if it doesn’t itself / tap the funnel icon / tap on internal;
  13. Tap options (on the left of home button) / multiselect / select all
  14. Now tap actions /create link;
  15. Select all 3 options link application file, link dalvic-cache file,link library files / tap OK. Now Link2Sd will move all your app to SD Card on the Ext2 partition. Please wait for a few seconds;
  16. To move all new app by default on SD Card tap settings / tick Auto link / Auto Link settings / tick all three options.
  17. i noticed that if you restart the phone for any reason, link2sd will ask you if you want to recreate the script or if you want a quick reboot. you have to choose quick reboot. also, you have to recreate all of your widgets. as a solution for this, i unlinked all the widgets.

(i found a short tutorial on the net about how to use link2sd and i adapted a bit. i hope you understand how to fix the problem)

Edited by JulianDoe