[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.3.6 for ZTE Blade V

Guest KonstaT

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.3.6 for ZTE Blade V.

recovery-cwm6036-8225.img (supports only external sdcard)
http://konstakang.com/devices/bladev/CWM
md5:27c86b75c2c83eb668a5827708c2050a

recovery-cwm6036-8225-v2.img (support for both internal and external sdcards)
http://konstakang.com/devices/bladev/CWM
md5:cd0a200baf4fe24e57805ee576e6ad4a

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended)
1. download ZTE USB drivers
2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. download recovery-cwm6036-8225.img recovery image
4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm6036-8225.img into it
5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)
6. cd into the directory you created and execute following commands in terminal window (boots into recovery instead of flashing it)

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery-cwm6036-8225.img

7. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery: (windows)
1. download ZTE USB drivers
2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. download recovery-cwm6036-8225.img recovery image
4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm6036-8225.img into it
5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)
6. cd into the directory you created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6036-8225.img
fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device
8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume down while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'
9. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to root your device via recovery:
1. download latest Superuser and su binary from Superuser website and save it to your sdcard
2. follow instructions on how to install clockworkmod recovery
3. boot into clockworkmod
4. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Superuser-3.2-arm-signed.zip

If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:
1. copy recovery-cwm6036-8225.img to the root of your phone's sdcard
2. execute following commands in terminal emulator

su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6036-8225.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p16

Thanks to andouk for testing - I don't have the device. ?

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

many thanks, cm next?

multiple disks, 1 being internal storage and the other being the sd card

nvm

is this what your looking for

root@android:/ # ls -l /sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage
ls -l /sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-09-19 12:49 device -> ../../android0
-rw-r--r-- root root 4096 2013-09-19 12:49 inquiry_string
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-09-19 12:43 lun1 -> ../../../../platf
orm/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-09-19 12:49 lun2 -> ../../../../platf
orm/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun1
drwxr-xr-x root root 2013-09-19 12:31 power
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-09-19 12:49 subsystem -> ../../../../
../class/android_usb
-rw-r--r-- root root 4096 2013-09-19 12:31 uevent
Edited by andouk

usb mount works but only for the sd card not internal storage, thanks

Great. I didn't add a mount point for internal storage in CWM to begin with. Trust me, it's better that way. ;)

Guest chevychase

Hi all I really appreciate all the work that you are both doing, but I cant seem to write this recovery, fastboot says its sending then it says its writing it ok. But on reboot I get back to the stock recovery. Any ideas? my drivers should be ok as I can boot the cwm recovery and I can make a back up and fastboot devices brings up an id no.

Hi all I really appreciate all the work that you are both doing, but I cant seem to write this recovery, fastboot says its sending then it says its writing it ok. But on reboot I get back to the stock recovery. Any ideas? my drivers should be ok as I can boot the cwm recovery and I can make a back up and fastboot devices brings up an id no.

Does your stock firmware have /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh? I noticed that the stock update has them but it still doesn't mean they're included in the firmware the device shipped with.

Their purpose is to restore stock recovery on each reboot (thus overwriting CWM). If you have them, you need to rename/remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. You of course need to have root access to do that which makes installing CWM a little less straight forward.

Does your stock firmware have /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh? I noticed that the stock update has them but it still doesn't mean they're included in the firmware the device shipped with.

Their purpose is to restore stock recovery on each reboot (thus overwriting CWM). If you have them, you need to rename/remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. You of course need to have root access to do that which makes installing CWM a little less straight forward.

my phone was stock edited nothing except got root access, never reflashed a rom and has none of the above, cwm installed fine for me :unsure:

my phone was stock edited nothing except got root access, never reflashed a rom and has none of the above, cwm installed fine for me :unsure:

Maybe chevychase had installed the ZTE update before or maybe his/her issue is something unrelated to above. Instructions in the first post should fine afaict (I can't verify this myself of course).

Guest chevychase

Apologies for the delay my hard drive has packed in on my laptop. Yes is did flash the zte update zip. My own attempts to play with the phone and produce a cwm messed it up so used the zip to return to square one. I was unaware of the extra bits of code, I really appreciate the effort you have taken to possibly uncover this. I will rebuild my laptop tomorrow and reroot my phone and explore the etc directory. You really are phenomenal especially as you don't even have this phone. What has made you develop a recovery for a phone you can use use or get access to? Just because of the challenge? What ever the reason your work will be the seed that every ROM and customization for the Blade V will spring from. :)

Guest chevychase

This recovery works fine I have installed multiple zips and the flash process completes no problem. The advanced restore function is welcome and works as expected. I have made my own ROM and that works also though broke WiFi on first attempt. :) just need to clean it up a bit more.

Guest targetbsp

Slight problem, once you reboot to bootloader - the windows driver for the phone doesn't work!  Is everyone here using the root it first and then flash recovery method?

It's also worth noting that you need to use the 'connect to PC software' USB mode for USB debugging.

Edited by targetbsp

Winblows and drivers, go figure. :P What windows do you have?

There's at least some special fastboot drivers linked in somewhere Blade III's CWM thread that might help. I have win7 64bit myself and it managed to install right drivers for fastboot without any issues. There's been other people with similar issues on Blade III though. I doubt it's much different from Blade V, it's even the same drivers package for both devices...

Guest targetbsp

I tried both 8 x64 and XP 32 bit.  I'll see if I can hunt down that driver.

My previous phones I've done from Linux but

a) I don't have a linux VM (though i could set one up)

B) I seem to recall you have to configure a phone specific file that we presumably don't have the details for yet.

Edited by targetbsp

I tried both 8 x64 and XP 32 bit.  I'll see if I can hunt down that driver.

My previous phones I've done from Linux but

a) I don't have a linux VM (though i could set one up)

B) I seem to recall you have to configure a phone specific file that we presumably don't have the details for yet.

Fastboot is a generic Google thing. I don't know why windows has such problems with it.
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Fastboot

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for that!  I'll try it in linux if I have no luck.  I'm always a bit wary until I get recovery and don't want to do anything wrong.  After I got CWM and a backup I don't then care how I break it. :D

Guest targetbsp

You know, when you exit CWM, it offers to install root for you.  I didn't do this but I presume this is a valid way to root the phone other than downloading superuser.zip?  Especially considering I used Koush's superuser anyway!

I'm trying to create a noobs guide to flashing CWM recovery here: http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9908955&postcount=91

Based on KonstaT's first post but assuming less knowledge and accounting for a few quirks like ZTE's driver .inf omitting support for fastboot and the USB mode to select for usb debugging on this model

You know, when you exit CWM, it offers to install root for you.  I didn't do this but I presume this is a valid way to root the phone other than downloading superuser.zip?  Especially considering I used Koush's superuser anyway!

Yeah, it will push su binary if you don't have one that supports root. You'd still need to install Superuser.apk or something similar for the root management.

Guest bladebuddy

Anyone?

All I am getting is installation aborted (bad zip) don't know if it has anything to do with me running targetsp external to internal zip but tried 3 times and always the same answer. Sorry J.