Easy Root tool... may or may not work!!

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Although I dont have one of these, I was looking to get one at one point until I got the Galaxy Note N7000...

Anyway, I know you have Root access to this device, via another member here (congrats by the way!!) This post is not meaning to take any credit away or anything, but spotted it on another website, and thought it may be of use/easier, as its all in English and is a One Click solution.... and just wish to give you guys summit back!!

http://www.redmondpie.com/kingo-android-root-is-a-true-one-click-root-solution-for-various-android-devices/

Take a look, and see if it works on the Blade V...  I know I am keen to test this on some Unbranded devices... :)

Cheers, Lister

Guest seanspotatobusiness

It works! Thanks, Lister.

My "USB debugging" was greyed out. To activate USB debugging, I had to select "Connect to PC software" on the phone, after connecting the phone to my PC via the USB cable. The option is still greyed out afterwards but it now has a tick (check in US English) in the box.

Note that when the program first runs, one of the options is "remove root" and the other "root again". You'll need to select "root again" even if your phone was never rooted in the first place. Also beware that if you download the program from CNET, their stupid installer thing tries to get you to agree to installing crapware/browser toolbars so stay vigilant during the installation. Choose "advanced" installation when the option is presented because apparently the "recommended" option is to install malware on your computer. This entirely CNET's fault, if I'm not mistaken. The Kingo Android Root program is not to blame.

I had put rooting on the back burner after I failed with the Chinese-language program. I used "root checker" to confirm that the rooting was successful.

Edited by seanspotatobusiness

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Awesome, glad it worked for you... I've also suggested this for the Hudl too... As that appears to be a generic Archos based Tablet, released by Tesco... So to see if this gets Root too would be awesome!!

I thought I'd post a link to the article I read it on, rather than a direct link to the exe, in case some people thought it was a scam... But thanks for providing a direct link to the software itself.

And yes, I dont know why CNET do that?? They are not alone in this, but as they are one of the biggest software distributions, they of all people should know how annoying it is to get Malware on your PC....

Thanks for the feedback that it works, sadly I wont ever use this on the Blade V as I have my N7000 now and that comes pre-rooted with most Roms ;) LOL

Cheers, Lister