148 replies to this topic

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

TVCatchup is working, I'm sure of that. There's graphical corruption in its video ads, but the actual video plays properly.

Yes tvcatchup is working :D, awesome work Dazzozo.

blacksh4dow

blacksh4dow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300, Galaxy mini
GPS don't work and there is bug in videos, but other things works great :)

Attached Files

pejicgoran

pejicgoran

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300,huawei u8110
  • Twitter:@GoranPejic1
And i confirm that gps not work.I try on igo.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
no gps for viewranger either

BorowikSzatanski

BorowikSzatanski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Everything works great, ROM with new kernel is smooth. Taking picutures? Amazingly smooth.

But it's allright until first reboot. I cant manage phone to boot into system. After some minutes Cyanogenmod stops spinning and just freezes (no restarts). Anyone else with that problem?

Also gps doesn't work for me.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

@Dazz: Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.  :angry2:  :(

Edited, so djuroue and anyone else don't get excited about it.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier, 19 October 2013 - 11:54 AM.

djuroue

djuroue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-6030X, Nokia N85
You cannot say that recovery bricked your phone. Here are 20 users who succesfully flashed cwm and rom, so flashing recovery could not brick your device...

Like and use my Huawei G300 Facebook page :

https://www.facebook...500555660012245

5979.gif
47648.gif
39369.jpg
23706kl7.gif
7232ky4.jpg

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Meeting someone's mother
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Just bad luck that it happened in that particular time. Huawei has crappy hardware. If your phone wont power on, that cant be bootloader or recovery, it is hardware failure. If in warranty, service it. If not, dont buy huawei :D

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

showered

showered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:S3

@Dazz: Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.  :angry2:  :(

Edited, so djuroue and anyone else don't get excited about it.

I've had a similar experience today (assume my motherboard is dead) but doubt that the recovery or rom caused it, as other people have reported their G300's dying who haven't touched this at all.  It seems that the hardware is kind of unreliable after a certain amount of time - people are reporting motherboards dying quite often now in the General forum.

Anyways.. yesterday I flashed the new recovery and new experimental CM rom with 3.4 kernel. It was working fine all afternoon and evening and then when I woke up this morning the phone is completely dead.  Charging light won't come on, no response at all from the phone.  I've changed battery, tried without any battery in it and just the charger, left it for ages etc, and nothing.

Its still under warranty so its getting a full refund (the retailer no longer sells them to replace it).  I hope you can get yours fixed or replaced.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I've been in engineering for about six years now, and there is one rule that stands for 99% of times, and it goes like this:
If you changed something in your device (system, config,...) and something is broken after that, try to undo the change you've made, cause there is a very big chance that it's the change itself that's causing the problem.
Now, I'm not saying that it's recovery that bricked my phone, I'm just saying that it was working just fine until I flashed new recovery and pressed ''restart recovery'' option. It could be many different things, but my logic and my experience are telling me that it has something to do with that change that I've made (flashing the new recovery).

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Haier W910

Yes but if others are flashing this recovery successfully then it undermines your hypothesis that flashing the recovery caused your phone to get bricked...?

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

OK, I'm gonna take my phone back to store and claim my warranty anyway, but for the sake of everyone else, can someone please confirm that he has flashed this version of recovery without any problems: recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
The velocity of camera is because the kernel?

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Only 1 question...Can you Dazzo compile cm9,cm10,cm10.1 with 3.4 kernel?

This rom with 3.4 is very best of your work, fast as stock ics, even faster... Thanks

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
For all:

I use twrp and I do not have problems...

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

The velocity of camera is because the kernel?

We actually use the Y300's camera stuff now. Camera HAL including liboemcamera, and V4L2. They kept full support for our sensors.

I kinda knew this would be possible months ago, but I didn't have the Y300 to know how it should work.

Yes, we use ion. :D

Only 1 question...Can you Dazzo compile cm9,cm10,cm10.1 with 3.4 kernel?

This rom with 3.4 is very best of your work, fast as stock ics, even faster... Thanks

We could go as far back as 4.1 relatively easily but doing 4.0 would likely require reverting some kernel stuff to get it back to the state the kernel was around that time, since it's a 4.1 kernel.

Edit: camera and OMX could get pretty complicated there too with it being all blobs.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
But for example if I put 3.4 kernel in the ROM SlimBean 4.2, just that will not work?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

But for example if I put 3.4 kernel in the ROM SlimBean 4.2, just that will not work?

Not without updating the rest of the ROM. This is another "generation" if you want to call it that.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Not without updating the rest of the ROM. This is another "generation" if you want to call it that.

Ok, thanks ;)

chobot1976

chobot1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G510 - CM11
Dazz when I use you kernel in my G300 everthing work's,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users