PirateDroid version 1.3 is now available.
- Visual modifications on framework-res.apk and Settings.apk (Globally, the phone, has been "JellyBean'ed")
- Visual modifications on SystemUI.apk (The statusbar has an even more ICS look)
- Background changed on phone and contacts
- NemusLauncher has been replaced by HoloLauncher (if you use this ROM and already installed HoloLauncher, I think it's better for you to remove it before applying the update, since this update only removes Nemus)
- Several icon changes
- Included a tweak on build.prop to fix the "black screen after call issue"
- Fixed a sting on the PT translation for the word "Back" on camera
- F-Droid has been included as a system app (this app allows you to download and update really cool apps that are not available on Play Store, eg.: AdAway; Terminal Emulator, etc.)
Extras included on the update (they will be stored directly on your SD card on a folder named "PirateExtras" an they can be deleted if you don't want to use them):
- Chainfire3D app, plugins and shaders (With this, probably you will be able to play more games on your Crescent...just check out THIS and THIS over XDA)
- GoogleHome Launcher (This is an incredible smooth and fast launcher, probably the best launcher I've tried, so far, on the Crescent. It is a modded version of a Chinese launcher named "CoCoExLauncher" by a XDA member who made it look more like KitKat. Check it's work HERE. Anyway, I've translated it to PT and removed the icon replacement because I prefer the ones I've included on the update. Unfortunately I couldn't install this launcher as a system app, therefore I could not, nor will you be (unless you're a genius and you show me how to do it without getting the launcher to FC) to replace the default system Launcher by this one.)
- Google Hangouts with SMS support and video chat (It's a KitKat Hangouts version adapted to Gingerbread that I've found HERE. You cannot update Hangouts, after installing this apk, or you'll lose the SMS features)
- Root Explorer (this app is needed, if you do not have it already, and wish to install Hangouts)
- CM7 MMS (the name says it all...but it has been modded because of the icon replacement)
- CM7 MMS with "chat bubbles". This one works but as soon as you try to go to it's settings, it will FC. Don't know why. If you try to use this app, please backup your MMS.apk first in case you need to come back to it.
Ok, this is it, for now.
What's still left to do:
- Figure out how to change the text color to white on some dark backgrounds (and vice-versa...specially on SIM PIN unlock code screen)
- Revamp the statusbar to make it look like the JellyBean 4.2.2 statusbar
- Try to better the phone's performance (although GoogleHome Launcher gives it a significant boost, even though it consumes more RAM and it's quite "big")
- Figure out the best way to redistribute the internal memory occupation
- Correct the "activity_title_bar" (it's a title bar with the look of the activity_title_bar on JellyBean) bugs throughout some apps
(They are all in Portuguese...sorry for that...)
Settings (before and after)
AdAway (How to replace the older version after updating it through F-Droid -> requires Link2SD)
On the next post I'll include the Extras images.
There is a chance that, with this update, you'll lose all your call records, messages and contacts. I recommend you to back them up first if you don't want to lose them.
If you recovery does not install this update directly, use recovery 220.127.116.11 that I've released HERE or, after the reboot, access to your current recovery and flash the zip manually.
Since this update his quite large, after you successfully apply it, you may delete it from your SD card.