V 1.3 "updater-script": What do I need to remove to skip assert checks?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

With the new, 16Mb V 1.3 "updater-script": What do I need to remove to skip assert checks, please? I've posted elsewhere, but it's getting so busy in here now, it's like wading through a swamp of ascii... so if someone could tell me what to delete from "updater-script" so I can just flash the 1.3 ZIP with CWM, I'd appreciate it a LOT :D

Thanks.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest djpatterson

Would someone please explain precisely what needs to be deleted in the update-script to allow this 1.3 to be flashed? 

Thanks  :)

Here you go:

The update checks that everything is "as should be" before updating. If you edit the updater-script and remove lines 6 - 357, it should skip the checks and install the update anyway. No guarantee everything will OK though, seeing as it is of course it is designed to be applied to unmodified stuff (hence the checks are there in the first place). You can try it though.

and:

Had to delete the 2 earlier assert statements too.

Then just applied through CWM, declining the updated bootloader and adding SU when prompted.

Seems to be fine to me, what should I test (help about just being a lookup of build.prop)

Thanks

Guest glossywhite

I left the bottom line in place - it seems to be necessary, and didn't prevent the update at all:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mtd/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("Verifying current system...");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

assert(apply_patch_space(28372427));  <---------------- LEFT IN SITU

Edited by glossywhite