A word of warning about fixing your headphone socket with foil

Guest cryptoncore

Guest cryptoncore

Hello!

So the headphone socket on my G300 started dying on me last month. This meant I had to find a way to either fix it orrrr buy a cheap MP3 player to tie me over until Christmas, which I should have done! I decided after watching a few YouTube videos and reading a few articles about it to bite the bullet and attempt to use aluminium foil/tin foil to fix the headphone jack. This is just using a tiny bit of foil rolling it into a ball and then putting it into your headphone socket whilst the phone is powered off.

Well. It worked for a while and then today it started cutting out again so I decided to take the foil out and put some more in but I couldn't get it out with a needle or toothpick I even tried the damn vacuum cleaner! 

After all of this the phone still works okay and only the right earphone works which is funny since its normally the left that goes and the speaker works but just a word of warning its probably best to get it fixed or buy a MP3/4 player to use dedicated to that kind of thing and if you do decide to use foil to "fix" the problem then don't build your hopes up on getting it back out.

~Thanks for reading & good luck if you choose to try aluminium foil to fix your headphone socket!~

Edited by cryptoncore

Guest cryptoncore

I need the phone to function until christmas so no thanks :P Getting the S3 then, just ordered it from ASDA for £239...BARGAIN!

Edited by cryptoncore

I need the phone to function until christmas so no thanks :P Getting the S3 then, just ordered it from ASDA for £239...BARGAIN!

Awesome! I personally would of gone with an N4 though.

Guest cryptoncore

Awesome! I personally would of gone with an N4 though.

I was thinking about the N4 but I can buy a high capacity battery for the S3  :D

Edited by cryptoncore