help handling hudl

Guest strider100

Guest strider100

Evening, I need help I have just bought the hudl and started the sign in process.  first it says' select language.  well mine didn't. it went straight to wifi.

I selected my network SKY then password, Google account I used my own account, and p/word.  that was it no arrow lit up to get me to the next page .

and no word saying next.that's' as far as I can go. now when I turn on it goes' straight to wifi.it shows my network SKY. And underneath it say' authenticating.

that's' it I cant' go any further, nothing lights up no buttons no touchscreen nowt 

can anybody help.please.

Guest maniac_mouse

If you havnt already, try resetting it as per these instructions copy/pasted from tescos help pages...

How do I reset my Hudl?

If you are experiencing difficulties using your device, or if it has frozen, you may wish to perform a reset.

• There is a reset button on the back of the device.
  • Using a pin or paper clip, press and hold the button until the tablet switches off.
  • Press and hold the power button until the Hudl logo appears to restart. (it may take up to 10-15 seconds)
  • This reset will not delete any user data.

If that doesnt help, try a factory restore, by doing the following, again copy/pasted from tescos help pages.....

If you are unable to access the settings menu of your Hudl, you can still reset your tablet by performing a Hard Reset:

1. Ensure the unit is powered off fully.
  2. Press and hold the power and volume up buttons until the Hudl logo appears.
  3. Use volume down to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ – press power button to confirm
  4. On the next screen, use volume down to select ‘yes– delete all user data’ – Press power to confirm.
  5. Once the format has completed, the ‘Reboot system now’ option will be highlighted, press the power button to confirm and restart the device.

The device will then reboot and perform the factory reset.

This may take up to 10 minutes to complete and will delete all device settings, installed applications and will reset any other configuration present.

All user data including music and photos will be removed during this process.

Or just march the thing back and get it replaced.  If i came in an unworking state, they should replace it without issue.

Hope this helps

Edited by maniac_mouse