4.3 android features that are surely not only on Cyanogenmod

Guest idleness

Guest idleness

Hey guys!

Ive recently purchased a Moto G and having come from a device that could only get 4.3 using the aid of Cyanogenmod i have a few features/shortcuts that i used to use on the old device that i cant seem to use on this device. There are elements that i cant imagine that are only availiable on Cyanogenmod which is why ive come to you guys as maybe the option has moved or is hidden on this version of Motorola's Moto G?

1. The lockscreen password which is set to PIN. When i enter the correct PIN, it would automaticlly enter the device without me pressing the enter button. Is this not avaiable on the stock rom?

2. Home screen options. Number of home screens. Im sure you will probably suggest a launcher replacement for this

3. Hide/Remove the google search bar from the homescreen

4. Quicklaunch buttons selection like on CyanogenMod? I want to be able to pick and choose what and what not to display. There is an unusal thing with the wifi button. when i select the wifi button, i would like it to just turn on wifi not load up the wifi options for me to then turn it on

Any help and advice you can provide would be most appreciating on how to achieve these options

Thanks alot for your time

yeah, they are all CyanogenMod features, not sure about 1. but 2 & 3 are just features of the launcher it uses  (Trebuchet)

Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher from the market have those features and more.

Guest alpine101

Apex launcher alllows one to remove the google search bar without removing the underlying application, along with lots of other nice stuff, resizing icons etc.

Guest idleness

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I will look into a new launcher replacement but how about the PIN on the lockscreen?

Would a replacement launcher also be able to modify what can be displayed on the quicklaunch tiles?

Guest idleness

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I didnt realise about the long press on the wifi but that was an awesome tip and has saved one annoyance. i will install a new launcher to resolve some other issues but other than that thanks guys! :)

Guest Mr.Clark

1. The lockscreen password which is set to PIN. When i enter the correct PIN, it would automaticlly enter the device without me pressing the enter button. Is this not avaiable on the stock rom?

This is a CyanogenMod feature. Unfortunately, it seems to be missing in CM11 at the moment.

2. Home screen options. Number of home screens. Im sure you will probably suggest a launcher replacement for this

This is fixed by default in stock 4.4, as it takes out homepages that have nothing on them. I don't know if there's an upper limit to the number of homescreens you can have.