Do earphones with built-in microphone work?

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I can't get any of my earphones with built-in microphones to work (it sounds like I get only a limited sound frequency range). Does anyone else have this issue?

I can't get any of my earphones with built-in microphones to work (it sounds like I get only a limited sound frequency range). Does anyone else have this issue?

The wire it ok? Not broken?

Guest ahtinurme

The problem is that ZTE has some pins in mic/headphones input in "wrong" order compared to normal. Meaning with regular headphones you will get that kind of sound. I heard that Nokia headphones have the same problem and they should work, haven't tried yet though. I "solved" the problem by taping the mic button so it will stay on all the time, but haven't had the time to search for suitable headphones with tape cable, since I don't like regulars.

I wasn't clear. I don't know whether or not the microphone is working and didn't want to address that. The problem I'm experiencing is that the sound delivered to my ears is not the way I expected it to be. Edit: it's distorted and kind of sounds like I'm underwater.

Edited by seanspotatobusiness

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is limited frequency range. You're getting the edges not the middle vocal and it is for the reasons stated above.

You're corroborating ahtinurme's post? Is this a mistake or deliberate on the part of ZTE?

Could a software hack switch the ground and mic pins around?

Edited by seanspotatobusiness