GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Yes I have had Gel installed since day released kit kat. Got the apk from somewhere out there on the net. It is only about 11mb. I still have about 80mb free after installing both. Still no option for hit word detection in voice settings though. What is the speech recognition files supposed to do because I can't see any change or am I missing something?

GEL not have to be on /system?

I guess 80mb is for /data free size.

Offline speech recognition files needed for the OK Google feature in theory.

Guest wards5150

GEL not have to be on /system?

I guess 80mb is for /data free size.

Offline speech recognition files needed for the OK Google feature in theory.

How would u check if gel is on system? I have seen a screen image of someone who said they got hot word working. If true there must be a way of doing it. Don't like to be beaten.

Guest wards5150

Just reread your clean update procedure for gapps. This was how I did it months ago. Don't know why I have so much free space? Couldn't see launcher in system folder looking with file explorer. I installed it as an apk. should I have flashed it instead?

Edited by wards5150

How would u check if gel is on system? I have seen a screen image of someone who said they got hot word working. If true there must be a way of doing it. Don't like to be beaten.

Search for GoogleHome.apk in /system/app folder.

The screen image is from G300?

Just reread your clean update procedure for gapps. This was how I did it months ago. Don't know why I have so much free space? Couldn't see launcher in system folder looking with file explorer. I installed it as an apk. should I have flashed it instead?

If you installed it, the launcher is on /data/app. If you flashed it, it is on /system/app.

Guest wards5150

Search for GoogleHome.apk in /system/app folder.

The screen image is from G300?

If you installed it, the launcher is on /data/app. If you flashed it, it is on /system/app.

The penny has dropped now. Didn't know there was a different location for system apps. Would it be possible to move the hotword lib from the applib folder to the system. But where would I need to put it. Edited by wards5150

The penny has dropped now. Didn't know there was a different location for system apps. Would it be possible to move the hotword lib from the applib folder to the system. But where would I need to put it.

I don't know what you want.

As I know, the "hot word" function to work, you need the offline speech files, Google search and Google now launcher.

Offline speech files and Google now launcher need to be on /system.

This is what I know, but I haven't tried it due to lack of space on /system.

Guest wards5150

I don't know what you want.

As I know, the "hot word" function to work, you need the offline speech files, Google search and Google now launcher.

Offline speech files and Google now launcher need to be on /system.

This is what I know, but I haven't tried it due to lack of space on /system.

When I get some free time I will do a fresh install and get rid of stuff I don't want. I think I know what I need to do now. Cheers rhen.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have one problem ..i installed the latest nightly on my device and the gapps you suggested in this thread ...but my camera keeps crashing...Unfortunately camera has stopped...is there any fix for this since other gapps wont work saying that i have insufficient storage 

I still have one problem ..i installed the latest nightly on my device and the gapps you suggested in this thread ...but my camera keeps crashing...Unfortunately camera has stopped...is there any fix for this since other gapps wont work saying that i have insufficient storage 

Have you formatted the /system before install?

This is a clean install or you upgraded a previous ROM version (cm10.2 10.1, 10, 9.1 etc)?

Anyway I don't see how the camera crash related to the gapps package.

I use latest nightly with latest gapps and camera is working fine.

i formatted the system yes i followed all the steps , im using the latest nightly but i cant use the latest gapps due to the storage error  , so the only gapps that works is the one in this thread , and yes it was a  clean install and even wiped the whole phone just to be sure that maybe it will work that way , but sadly nothing seems to fix it  

i formatted the system yes i followed all the steps , im using the latest nightly but i cant use the latest gapps due to the storage error  , so the only gapps that works is the one in this thread , and yes it was a  clean install and even wiped the whole phone just to be sure that maybe it will work that way , but sadly nothing seems to fix it  

Your camera worked before?

Camera works without installing the gapps? Try with install just the ROM.

If so, the problem isn't related to gapps package and we should continue this topic in the CM11 thread. Maybe other people there have ideas what can be wrong.

This is the latest gapps. Everything in it is up-to-date.

The PA gapps updates after this package affect only those parts of the package what is not present in this one.

So it contain the latest stuffs. Google Search and Google Now launcher module is one cycle behind the latest one. I'll update it later.

camera worked before on an older rom and gapps meaning 4.4 not 4.4.2 since 4.4.2 no gapps or nightly worked for me ( fixing the camera i mean) everything works fine in rest except my camera 

Edited by DLMike

camera worked before on an older rom and gapps meaning 4.4 not 4.4.2 since 4.4.2 no gapps or nightly worked for me ( fixing the camera i mean) everything works fine in rest except my camera 

There was a 4.4 ROM?

Try to make a nandroid backup and check that camera works on it.

If it works, put back the CM11 and make a logcat of the camera crash.

Guest MetalDroid

Google now launcher is now available on Google Play, but there are problems when opened. It could be a problem for current GAPPS?

The launcher needs to have installed Google Search application to run, I have installed and still fails.

Any tips?

Google now launcher is now available on Google Play, but there are problems when opened. It could be a problem for current GAPPS?

The launcher needs to have installed Google Search application to run, I have installed and still fails.

Any tips?

I will look at it.

Edit:

It request a newer Google Search than the latest one. Wired.

Edit2:

I made the Google Search system app and now it works.

I'll update the Google Search module today.

Edit3:

There will be no updated modules today. I'll rebase the packages to PA gapps micro.

The new packages will be available tomorrow evening.

Edited by rhen

New package is online.

First and second post updated.

latest changes:

- Rebase on PA GApps Modular Micro package - Now the package is much smaller. Now you can install Google Search module without delete anything.
- GApps package have been updated with a new System Partition memory detection system to insure a successful installation and the ability to restore GApps and Addons after a ROM update.
This new system is extremely accurate and works on both clean installs and GApps updates. It will leave a minimum of 2MB of free space in the system partition to allow for some ROM growth and still be able to restore GApps after a ROM update.
- Google Calendar now included in the package to eliminate the problems with calendar sync.
- New Google Search module with version v3.2.17.1009776.arm - If you installed any version of Google Search from Play Store, please remove it before installing the this module.

If you want to use Google Now Launcher, you need to update the GApps package and the Google Search module.
Edited by rhen

Minor update today:

- Small fix for those who used the Google Calendar module before.

- Packages now signed with my own private key instead of test key.

The problem was that the updater script haven't delete a Google Calendar module's backup script.

If you have used that module before and already updated to the 2014-03-01 version, you can just delete the /system/addon.d/74-gapps-googlecalendar.sh instead of update the whole package again.

This file will not break your system if you don't delete it, just have no use anymore.

Edited by rhen

Guest smeegle

I am using this modular_really_micro gapps becasue I figured it is the smallest and best fir for my y300-151. My preference is to use Chrome browser so will install it from the Market.   However I am just curious as to why you have included the Stock Android Browser.  Does it take up less space than Chrome?  Do people actually like to use it?

Also if I understand correctly you have given us the option to add  Removal modules: Bootanimation.    Does that get rid of the Cyanogenmod animation that displays after the Huawei splash screen? Is so what is it replaced with when removed?

Thanx.

I am using this modular_really_micro gapps becasue I figured it is the smallest and best fir for my y300-151. My preference is to use Chrome browser so will install it from the Market. However I am just curious as to why you have included the Stock Android Browser. Does it take up less space than Chrome? Do people actually like to use it?

Also if I understand correctly you have given us the option to add Removal modules: Bootanimation. Does that get rid of the Cyanogenmod animation that displays after the Huawei splash screen? Is so what is it replaced with when removed?

Thanx.

This gapps package doesn't have any browser in it.

You get the AOSP browser from the ROM install.

If you remove the boot animation, you will see a static Android logo instead of CM circle.