Gmail problems since updating to CM 10.2 nightly

Guest Tippon

Last month I accidentally updated my phone to CM10.2-20131112-NIGHTLY-u8815, and since then I've been having two problems. The main one is that emails to my main Gmail account are taking several hours to arrive on my phone. I had one last week that took about twenty hours.

I know it's a problem with my phone, as I've got the email downloading through Thunderbird on my PC too (and leaving a copy on the server). This is how I've always had my email set up. As far as I can tell, everything on my phone is set up correctly.

The other problem is I run out of space on my phone very quickly since the update. I installed about half of the apps that were on the phone itself beforehand, and had a low space warning. I know I can move apps to the SD card, but want to make sure that this is normal with this build, and not related to the first problem.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Guest phyllocrania

Are you using the official Gmail app from play store or the email app that comes with CM?

And as far as running out of memory is concerned, you can try using link2sd and move app data to SD card.

The other problem is I run out of space on my phone very quickly since the update. I installed about half of the apps that were on the phone itself beforehand, and had a low space warning. I know I can move apps to the SD card, but want to make sure that this is normal with this build, and not related to the first problem.

Check the /system/lost+found folder. If there is anything in there, delete (only the contents, not the lost+found folder). I had the same problem as you and this fixed my disk space. 

Thanks guys :)

Just checked, and Lost & Found is empty. I'm running the Gmail app, but I think it was from a .zip that came with the update, I can't remember though.