Swapping Sim circuit board?

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has removed/swapped/replaced the Sim circuit board before??

As shown in the picture below, the Sim circuit board is the smaller board ontop of the mainboard. And in a previous teardown (not sure which one now) I'm sure Ive seen the person take it off...

ztebladeteardown3.jpg

Whether it was for the purpose of just the teardown, and which afterwards the phone will not work again??? Or whether this can come off, and be pushed back on?? I don't know??

However, I am trying to revive my old ZTE Blade. And after it dying THREE times before (Digitizer / then Screen wouldnt come on with new Digitizer / then accidently cutting through the video ribbon).

So now I have two dead phones that I wish to swap parts around, and wondered if anyone has before remove the Sim board and re-seated it, for it all to work again???

I appreciate and value your feedback...

Many thanks, Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

No worries, I've solved the initial question myself.... ;)

http://youtu.be/OgiFpyQGUnk?t=4m32s

As it appears this SD/Sim board just pops off and on again....?? Although if anyone here is technically minded? Can anyone explain how the SD and Sim Card circuitry interacts with the main system board??

I always thought with electronics, electricity travels around in paths, start to finish (in and out, so to speak...) 

So how is it that 2x major functions of this phone seem to be able to communicate via one large pad of metal against another large pad of metal, with no seperate direct connections....???

Cheers, Lister