What would I get for these?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hello. I have three items I am considering selling as a job lot, as I want to get a Moto G instead:

#1: A one week old, as-new boxed, mint San Diego with Orange SIM (updated to XOLO ICS), with £5 credit, SIM LOCKED.

#2: An old San Diego - the back camera is missing, the power button actuator is missing and the battery only lasts 2-3 hours; useful for spares. The irony is, this one is unlocked, but it works fine in every other respect - I've been using it for watching videos, checking email etc in bed, for 7 months :)

#3: A BlackBerry Curve 8520, worn but working (very good condition keypad), UNLOCKED, but needs a new screen "lense" (the outer plastic - they go for £1-2 on eBay :) ) works well.

#4: I *may* consider throwing in a 5 month old Nokia 206, locked to O2 (working fully, with charger)

What price should I be aiming for, and where would I drum up some interest, since I only have an eBay *buying* account?

Many thanks :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Biohead

Where's the funny? That was a serious answer.

There's plenty for sale on eBay... But not many get bought. So around £40 for that. The faulty one say another £10 and I'm not sure what the BB goes for but add another £10. Don't forget those on eBay sell for slightly more due to fees, buyer protection etc.

You asked a question and you got a realistic answer - where's the humour there? As capable as the hardware is, the OSD is stuck on old, aging software and that affects its price.

Guest glossywhite

There's plenty for sale on eBay... But not many get bought. So around £40 for that. The faulty one say another £10 and I'm not sure what the BB goes for but add another £10. Don't forget those on eBay sell for slightly more due to fees, buyer protection etc.

You asked a question and you got a realistic answer - where's the humour there? As capable as the hardware is, the OSD is stuck on old, aging software and that affects its price.

Many thanks for your input :) Have a nice weekend.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Personally I thought you were being overly generous. I would question anyones common sense in paying £70 for an OSD off Ebay UNLESS you were happy with it's many shortfalls. Yes it's powerful for it's price but as pointed out MANY, MANY times by the OP of this thread himself it's build quality is appalling with multiple problems reported by the majority of owners. Overheating, hardware failure (GPS, compass, the infamous power button and bezel cracking), the fact that it'll never get beyond ICS while everybody else is already moving to KitKat. The list is almost endless.

It'll be simlocked for a MINIMUM of 6 months (Orange aren't known for being swift with unlock codes) and they'll charge you £20.42 (?) for the privilege. And of course you don't know if a 'new' one will come with the original ICS (or even GB) or a patched version which makes rooting (if necessary) problematic at best.

Hell, the broken one isn't worth that much less than the new one...

No need to thank me for my input, there's no charge. Have a nice day.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glossywhite

It seems CEX are more realistic with prices than most retailers; they handed over £45 for the OSD, and I got the Moto G instead. Bootloader unlocked in less than 2 mins, and unlock code on the way tomorrow, for just £1.99.

Farewell OSD (I still have my old one with battered sides, however)