Gorgeous "Moto G" screen lock/unlock sounds + instructions

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I just took delivery of a 16Gb Motorola "Moto G" for review, and so I've ripped the "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg" sounds from KitKat, in:

/system/media/audio/ui/

... and uploaded them for you, to put on your San Diego :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70zKr4F81Kc

Here's how to install them:

Extract the attached ZIP to Desktop, then...

1/ ## You need to be rooted, have "usb debugging" enabled and have Intel Medfield (adb) drivers installed. You also need to have "adb" and "fastboot" in your "PATH" environment, or know how to invoke them from their *absolute* PATH, eg: "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\android\adb.exe <command>"  ##

If you need the Windows drivers:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptckh6rrzef3t1w/intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5.zip?dl=1

2/ Once rooted, open a command window, navigate to the directory containing the two .ogg sounds you extracted from the attached ZIP file, and type the following in the (black) command window ( "[return]" means press return/enter key ):

adb push Lock.ogg /sdcard/Lock.ogg [return]
adb push Unlock.ogg /sdcard/Unlock.ogg [return]
adb shell [return]
su [return] <---- You may get a "SuperUser" "Allow/Deny" popup on the San Diego screen; ALLOW it.

mount -o remount rw /system [return]
mv /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg.orig [return]
mv /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg.orig [return]
cp /sdcard/Lock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg [return]
cp /sdcard/Unlock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg [return]
chmod 644 /system/media/audio/ui/* [return]

reboot [return] <---- REBOOTS YOUR PHONE - USE WITH CAUTION IF YOU HAVE UNSAVED WORK ETC

Done :) - you now have MUCH better Lock/Unlock sounds than the crummy defaults.Moto_G_Lock_Unlock_OGG_Format_Sounds.zip

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Well, that was pointless lol

^ And this wasn't?

If you didn't like it, walk away and keep happy :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest BlueMoonRising

^ And this wasn't?

If you didn't like it, walk away and keep happy :)

NVM

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Roger Barnett

I just took delivery of a 16Gb Motorola "Moto G" for review, and so I've ripped the "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg" sounds from KitKat, in:

/system/media/audio/ui/
... and uploaded them for you, to put on your San Diego :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70zKr4F81Kc

Here's how to install them:

Extract the attached ZIP to Desktop, then...

1/ ## You need to be rooted, have "usb debugging" enabled and have Intel Medfield (adb) drivers installed. You also need to have "adb" and "fastboot" in your "PATH" environment, or know how to invoke them from their *absolute* PATH, eg: "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\android\adb.exe <command>" ##

If you need the Windows drivers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptckh6rrzef3t1w/intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5.zip?dl=1

2/ Once rooted, open a command window, navigate to the directory containing the two .ogg sounds you extracted from the attached ZIP file, and type the following in the (black) command window ( "[return]" means press return/enter key ):

adb push Lock.ogg /sdcard/Lock.ogg [return]
adb push Unlock.ogg /sdcard/Unlock.ogg [return]
adb shell [return]
su [return] <---- You may get a "SuperUser" "Allow/Deny" popup on the San Diego screen; ALLOW it.

mount -o remount rw /system [return]
mv /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg.orig [return]
mv /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg.orig [return]
cp /sdcard/Lock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg [return]
cp /sdcard/Unlock.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg [return]
chmod 644 /system/media/audio/ui/* [return]

reboot [return] <---- REBOOTS YOUR PHONE - USE WITH CAUTION IF YOU HAVE UNSAVED WORK ETC
Done :) - you now have MUCH better Lock/Unlock sounds than the crummy defaults. Moto_G_Lock_Unlock_OGG_Format_Sounds.zip

Where did you buy the moto g, how much, and on what network / plan?

Guest glossywhite

Where did you buy the moto g, how much, and on what network / plan?

The (physical) O2 shop, Prepay upgrade = £99.99 (8Gb version) and the plan is unknown; I use giffgaff. Well chuffed :D

Thank you; hope that was helpful :)

Edited by glossywhite

• 2 years later...