• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Well if it doesn't fix my screen probs it's going back, Samsung galaxy tab 3's are a bit of a bargain these days from dabs.com

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain

Just to let you know mine is rooted and I have xposed framework installed on it and was still offered the update so you should get it some time this week.

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Just to let you know mine is rooted and I have xposed framework installed on it and was still offered the update so you should get it some time this week.

Thanks for info

Edited by sirius-c, 20 May 2014 - 05:19 PM.

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
Finally got the update, tried the reset touch screen so we will see how it goes. If it's a case of needing to do that whenever it goes I'll be taking it back

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I've just received the update too, despite being rooted, having my modified version of the SystemUI and xposed installed. I've yet to try installing the update, but have managed to copy it off the hudl so I'll upload it later!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

hokay, update downloads, verifies, reboots and starts to install but then errors

EDIT: as CaptainZok noted on the previous page, replacing the modified SystemUI.apk with the stock one prevents the update erroring. I appear to have lost root though.

Edited by flurry, 20 May 2014 - 07:32 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Despite apparently losing root access, the superuser.apk seems to still be installed, as does the daemonsu and su binary in the /system/xbin folder - what's missing?

Would unzipping the update, adding in the relevant superuser requirements in the correct places, rezipping and installing work? That is, of course if the new zip would pass the validation etc?

Edited by flurry, 20 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

failed to install with my setup even after restoring stock recovery and stock system.ui.

I'm currently flashing stock v1.3, applying update 1.3.1 as we speak then im going to rip it all via linux and put on here.

Ive no idea how to create a IMG file for windows RKTOOLS17, but maybe someone could create one from the files I'll upload later

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I'm currently reading off the system.img from my hudl to linux using the rkflashtool, I think I can then mount it using OSFMount in windows and add the superuser elements from the rooted v1.3 rom. I'll then unmount the image from windows, put it back into linux and flash it back onto the hudl - hopefully this will restore the root access. If anyone sees a flaw in this plan please tell me!

Only a marginal pain in the ass as I'm on OSX so having to use virtual machines for both linux and windows!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I've uploaded the update file here: http://www57.zippysh...04287/file.html

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Im currently exporting stock v1.3.1 ROM via Linux /rktools & will upload shortly

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

aah good! Hopefully someone wiser than me will be able to add root to it and we'll have access back again

I've now got to the point that I've copied off my v1.3.1 ROM as an .img and mounted it in windows 7 with OSFMount, supposedly with read and write access, yet I can't write to the image at all. This is frustrating. Are there any other programmes that will mount these images?

EDIT: May have made progress, seems that the image from RKFlashtool is ext2, I've managed to get it mounted in OSX so I can edit the files, hopefully it'll work to flash back!

Edited by flurry, 20 May 2014 - 09:55 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Right, I mounted the system image, added in the su binary and daemonsu into /xbin, superuser.apk into /app and init.d into /etc from the original rooted V1.3 ROM - boots fine, but still no root! What's going on here? Should it be in /bin not /xbin?

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I'm sorry Ive no idea.

The stock rom v1.3.1 (Linux Backup) is still uploading....25 mins left apparently!

Once thats up im going to try the kingo method on my Hudl to hopefully achieve root, if thats a success then i'll upload a linux backup of that too.

after that i'll use the modaco toolkit, fingers crossed it'll get rid of the "T" button on this newer Rom.....then I'll restore a titanium backup, all sounds too easy, somethings got to go wrong lol

Edited by sirius-c, 20 May 2014 - 10:43 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

At some point when I have root back I'll check if this update altered the SystemUI.apk at all - if it has I'll make an updated version of my custom one and upload it.

As for now I might as well try the kingo method as a last attempt

EDIT: it only takes one of us to get a successfully rooted v1.3.1 image and upload it and we'll all be set!

Edited by flurry, 20 May 2014 - 10:45 PM.

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Here is a RAR file containing a backup of the latest Un-Rooted stock Rom (v1.3.1) which contains the screen fix apparently....time will tell.
Hudl_Stock_Backup_v1.3.1_(JDQ39.20140424.153851).rar
(808,754,471 Bytes)

and here is a RAR file containing the same stock backup but this one is a ROOTED stock ROM (v1.3.1)
(ROOTED)_Hudl_Stock_Backup_v1.3.1_(JDQ39.20140424.153851).rar
(809,163,663 bytes)

and finally....
here is a RAR file containing another backup, this one is a ROOTED stock Rom (v1.3.1) and has ClockworkMod Recovery (v6.0.3.1) Installed.
(ROOTED & CWMR)_Hudl_Stock_Backup_v1.3.1_(JDQ39.20140424.153851).rar
(809,190,185 bytes)

non of these backups can be used in their current form with the windows rktools17 program.

Windows Users see here

To make these backups I used the the linux backup script created by "glossywhite" & CaptainMidnight" inside a Linux virtual Image of "Ubuntu 64-bit (v12.04.3)" running on a Windows 7 Pro Box.

You can restore/Flash these backups to your Hudl using the restore script for linux in post #10 here:-  http://www.modaco.com/topic/365672-hudl-backup-script-under-review-re-write/

Big Thanks to forum members "glossywhite" & "CaptainMidnight" for the Linux Backup/Restore Script and Instruction available here:- http://www.modaco.co...eview-re-write/
also a big thanks to forum member "SifJar" for providing the necessary links to the software tools needed here:- http://www.modaco.co...-for-tinkerers/
and last but not least, big thanks to the software dev's for the tools used.

Edited by sirius-c, 25 May 2014 - 01:15 PM.

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

it only takes one of us to get a successfully rooted v1.3.1 image and upload it and we'll all be set!

Kingo reports Ive got root, will test then upload another stock backup but this time rooted

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

great work sirius-c, if you can upload the files I should be able to make an image of it

EDIT: so far I'm really struggling by trying to add in the original root files, I've added in everything I can find, including the busybox binary now, and the hudl can see the su binary, but has no root access to it

Edited by flurry, 20 May 2014 - 11:41 PM.

sirius-c

sirius-c

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Well, I wouldn't bother now, I can confidently confirm I've got a v1.3.1 stock rooted backup for you :)

Only trouble is it'll take an hour to upload.....Just about to RAR it up and upload

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Indeed, though it's bugging me that I can't work out what's causing it to fail!

Hopefully I can successfully create an img from your rar file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users