• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

linuts

linuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300+

i installed CM-11 kitkat and the coresponding Gapps package gapps-kk-20140105-signed. but get the error Google play services has stopped working, i went into settings.....apps...selected google play services and cleared the cache and uninstlled the updates (as suggested after googling) but still get the pop up error.

When i installed kitkat and gapps i wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition but did not wipe the data/factory reset as i would normally do. i also updated cwm to 6.0.4.5.

I can use kitkat but without google play, but i need google play to download apps

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

i installed CM-11 kitkat and the coresponding Gapps package gapps-kk-20140105-signed. but get the error Google play services has stopped working, i went into settings.....apps...selected google play services and cleared the cache and uninstlled the updates (as suggested after googling) but still get the pop up error.

When i installed kitkat and gapps i wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition but did not wipe the data/factory reset as i would normally do. i also updated cwm to 6.0.4.5.

I can use kitkat but without google play, but i need google play to download apps

Don't use that gapps package.

Use a smaller one like mine. [link]

Follow the Clean update process described in the first post.

ps.: updated package is coming with updated play store and camera libs in the next couple of days.

Edited by rhen, 19 May 2014 - 07:05 AM.

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-09-18)
For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

linuts

linuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300+

rhen, Thank you for the help, your gapps worked like a charm :D

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini

Google play messed up royally on a previous phone and kept telling me I had 'no device'.  I switched to Amazon and for the apps they did not have, I downloaded the .apk files direct to my phone.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Badinternet.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users