• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

TC05

TC05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl

Right so in a previous post you were having issues loading the RKtools17 supplied drivers from the rockusbdriver subdirectory - is this still where you are at - what have you done to correct the wrong drivers that were previously loaded?

Sorry, but you are the person between your hudl and the back of your chair - we can't see what you're doing or have tried since that post.

OK in a word...... yes

to summarise, I have:

1. opened rktools17 
  2. Set the Hudl into bootloader mode - no green light - asks for drivers
  3. Install drivers from my computer from rktools driver folder
  4. received error message stating that drivers are not suitable for this platform
  5. Changed the cable and tried to install the drivers from the unknkown device in 'Device Manager' with the same result

So I don't believe that any drivers have been installed at this time

Thanks for your patience so far

Edited by TC05, 26 May 2014 - 09:36 AM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

OK in a word...... yes

to summarise, I have:

1. opened rktools17 
  2. Set the Hudl into bootloader mode - no green light - asks for drivers
  3. Install drivers from my computer from rktools driver folder
  4. received error message stating that drivers are not suitable for this platform
  5. Changed the cable and tried to install the drivers from the unknkown device in 'Device Manager' with the same reult

Thanks for your patience so far

which drivers did you install from the rockusbdriver folder? Are they definitely correct for your system?

TC05

TC05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

which drivers did you install from the rockusbdriver folder? Are they definitely correct for your system?

System is:

Acer Aspire 5735 Intel core 2 duo

Windows Vista Home Premium - Service pack 2

32 bit operating system

I tried to install from rockusbDriver > x64 > vista

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

System is:

Acer Aspire 5735 Intel core 2 duo

Windows Vista Home Premium - Service pack 2

32 bit operating system

I tried to install from rockusbDriver > x64 > vista

bingo! that's the issue, you're trying to install 64bit drivers on a 32bit system - try the rockusbdriver > x86 > vista driver

TC05

TC05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

bingo! that's the issue, you're trying to install 64bit drivers on a 32bit system - try the rockusbdriver > x86 > vista driver

You are right, what a dumbell!!

Thanks so much for your help flurry & CaptainMidnight

I've learnt a lot in the last 24 hours

Drivers downloaded OK

Green light on rktools

System restore successful

We're up and running

Thanks again you guys brilliant!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

You are right, what a dumbell!!

Thanks so much for your help flurry & CaptainMidnight

I've learnt a lot in the last 24 hours

Drivers downloaded OK

Green light on rktools

System restore successful

We're up and running

Thanks again you guys brilliant!

not a problem, glad you're back up and running!

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Good to see some peeps getting it working

For the life of me I cant get working in 64bit Windows 8.1 - Even tried restoring to windows 8 but the rock drivers just wont go on

So tried various forms of virtual machines and an old pc from the shed (that was a noo go anyway) but I am not having much joy at all

So going to take the thing into work and try on an old win 2000 server!!!!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I wonder if the virtual machines are being scuppered by windows 8.1's lack of drivers - if the host system can't see the device then maybe the virtual one can't either? I don't have a windows computer to test the theory on though.

Hopefully your server will solve the problem!

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Still unable to get the drivers on - Ive gone and used my mothers laptop with windows 7 32 bit and the device is picked up in device manager (android) but the rockchip drivers just will not install......done the have disk option etc . Tried 32 bit - 64 bit the lot

I just dont get it - it seem to be in bootloader mode - ie nothing on screen at all 

So will try again later on my sisters 64bit windows 7 - really am stumpped though at the mo

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Still unable to get the drivers on - Ive gone and used my mothers laptop with windows 7 32 bit and the device is picked up in device manager (android) but the rockchip drivers just will not install......done the have disk option etc . Tried 32 bit - 64 bit the lot
I just dont get it - it seem to be in bootloader mode - ie nothing on screen at all 

So will try again later on my sisters 64bit windows 7 - really am stumpped though at the mo

I may have asked this before, in which case I apologise, but are you using the original hudl cable?

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Im not sure but have tried another cable too

Well went on sisters laptop win 7 64bit and again just wont install - I did a screencast - will try and add on here when I get 5mins (need to take audio off it!)

Again picks up android and installs the ADB driver but rktools finds nothing at all - Ive never been able to install any drivers from rockchip

Will put up video link later

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Im not sure but have tried another cable too

Well went on sisters laptop win 7 64bit and again just wont install - I did a screencast - will try and add on here when I get 5mins (need to take audio off it!)

Again picks up android and installs the ADB driver but rktools finds nothing at all - Ive never been able to install any drivers from rockchip

Will put up video link later

if you navigate to the rockusbdriver folder in the file explorer are there any drivers in there? Have you tried re-downloading the zip file? It could be that the version you downloaded didn't download properly?

EDIT: it's not something like trying to install the drivers without admin rights? I'm not that competent with windows, so don't know if this could cause it

Edited by flurry, 30 May 2014 - 07:40 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Just tried it on my win7 virtual machine and it seemed to work fine: apologies for the pretty low res video

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Thanks - tried again yesterday with official cable/ re-downloading drivers and the same thing happens - Its beaten me - I think I will try and return it

Just to make sure though when in bootloader I get the tesco hudl star screen.....no sound and then a charging icon when plugged into laptop and then screen goes blank basically

I assume this is bootloader mode? It does show up in device manager (just cant install stil)

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Thanks - tried again yesterday with official cable/ re-downloading drivers and the same thing happens - Its beaten me - I think I will try and return it

Just to make sure though when in bootloader I get the tesco hudl star screen.....no sound and then a charging icon when plugged into laptop and then screen goes blank basically

I assume this is bootloader mode? It does show up in device manager (just cant install stil)

nope, that's your issue there! Literally nothing shows on the screen when in bootloader mode - if the star or charging symbol show then it's not in bootloader mode

kiteboywales

kiteboywales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
At last......yep it was my error all along.....what I thought was boot loader mode was not after all

Thanks for all the help its now up and running just fine

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

At last......yep it was my error all along.....what I thought was boot loader mode was not after all

Thanks for all the help its now up and running just fine

glad to hear it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users