No replies to this topic

invertedgoatie

invertedgoatie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:TMV G300

It's been about a year since I've had my THL W200. It's a funny sort of phone, when it works great it's simply amazing, but it has some deep flaws. After a few weeks of use, the screen developed some bright spots (defective digitizer?)

Next, the camera gave up (cannot connect to camera) but I successfully repaired this. However the error still happens requiring a reboot. Inconvenient but I can live with it...

And now, the led notification light causes massive drain on the already pretty poor battery life. When I've got an alert blinking away, the area in the vicinity of the LED becomes very warm as if it is overheating. 

Last but not least, occasionally it goes into a deep sleep and cannot be woken up, requiring replacement of the battery,

So although it's by the the best phone I've ever had (quad core, very fast, high res clear screen) it does have its flaws.

My question is, are the Chinese makers upping their game at all and are there any cheap, high spec phones that are solid. Or are there some now some good phones on the U.K market that won't cost an arm and a leg. I really want at least an 8 meg camera, 5 inch screen and 1280+ res screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users