User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Well, my opinion is completely different.

I use 2 different chargers (one original LG and one generalistic one).

I've tried several roms and kernels, and I think the difference lies in the kernels. With some of them I charge without problems to 100% with both chargers, but flashing different kernels, with the same roms and the same chargers, leads to not charging to 100%.

I didn't change anything in the kernel that could affect it but i did change the power profile before the ROM build.

I did that mostly to avoid a problem with using fast charge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo i´m trying to get OTG-Mode to work, but i cant do it  :unsure:

I used root explorer to change the value of /sys/kernel/otg-mode/otg_enable from 0 to 1

OTG didn't work.

So i thought i need to reboot, i rebooted and the value was 0 again.

Even when i set permissions to r-- r-- r-- after the change, rebooting always alters the value back to 0 and changes permissions.

I'm on LiquidSmooth and the newest kernel update  (3.2 version)

Im using an OTG cable with external USB-Power-supply.

I tried root explorer and es-explorer and installed terminal emulator to try the command line-way but i get an error after echo1  :(  so that didn t work either.

What i´m doing wrong and how do i get OTG to work? help appreciated, best be step by step  :)

Sry for my not so good english.

Guest LGaljo

Hallo i´m trying to get OTG-Mode to work, but i cant do it  :unsure:

I used root explorer to change the value of /sys/kernel/otg-mode/otg_enable from 0 to 1

OTG didn't work.

So i thought i need to reboot, i rebooted and the value was 0 again.

Even when i set permissions to r-- r-- r-- after the change, rebooting always alters the value back to 0 and changes permissions.

I'm on LiquidSmooth and the newest kernel update  (3.2 version)

Im using an OTG cable with external USB-Power-supply.

I tried root explorer and es-explorer and installed terminal emulator to try the command line-way but i get an error after echo1  :(  so that didn t work either.

What i´m doing wrong and how do i get OTG to work? help appreciated, best be step by step  :)

Sry for my not so good english.

maybe "echo 1 > " not echo1 ?

maybe "echo 1 > " not echo1 ?

I tried:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 666 "/sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable"
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable

it writes 1 into otg_enable but OTG still doesnt work at all and the 1 is still gone after reboot  :(

Guest LGaljo

I tried:

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

chmod 666 "/sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable"

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable

it writes 1 into otg_enable but OTG still doesnt work at all and the 1 is still gone after reboot :(

You don't need to mount anything or to set permissions... Only superuser and the command for enabling. Go to yield

Iodak thread on XDA where it writes that you have to plug AC plug first and then OTG plug. I don't remember clearly, check yourself ;)

You don't need to mount anything or to set permissions... Only superuser and the command for enabling. Go to yield

Iodak thread on XDA where it writes that you have to plug AC plug first and then OTG plug. I don't remember clearly, check yourself ;)

You mean:

To turn on OTG:

1) echo 1 > /sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable

2) connect phone to power (charger or USB)

3) unplug charger, connect OTG cable and then connect device to it (like USB mouse)

4) plug OTG male cable to power (USB or charger)

after device (mouse) is working you can disconect OTG male from power it will still work

I also tried that several times (fast and slow),

either my 4x hates me or it doenst work.

Besides i dont get why i should connect the phone to power while they say they use an OTG-cable with male for power suppy???

Basically they say it needs to draw power so why do i connect one power source and then put another in? because when my connet my 4x to the otg cable and the male of the OTG cable into an ac adapter it charges already???

Guest LGaljo

You mean:

To turn on OTG:

1) echo 1 > /sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable

2) connect phone to power (charger or USB)

3) unplug charger, connect OTG cable and then connect device to it (like USB mouse)

4) plug OTG male cable to power (USB or charger)

after device (mouse) is working you can disconect OTG male from power it will still work

I also tried that several times (fast and slow),

either my 4x hates me or it doenst work.

Besides i dont get why i should connect the phone to power while they say they use an OTG-cable with male for power suppy???

Basically they say it needs to draw power so why do i connect one power source and then put another in? because when my connet my 4x to the otg cable and the male of the OTG cable into an ac adapter it charges already???

I think it has to do with recognising otg plug because our phone doesn't have hardware supported otg...

I think it has to do with recognising otg plug because our phone doesn't have hardware supported otg...

yes could be i think, i will try again tomorrow.

i got enough for the day 

yes could be i think, i will try again tomorrow.

i got enough for the day 

I tried with the AC Adapter of my raspberry, it works now  :blink:  :D  

thx for the help  :)

• 1 month later...

I tried with the AC Adapter of my raspberry, it works now  :blink:  :D  

thx for the help  :)

It should be noted that because of  you and others who complained about this the entire charger thing has been reworked in 3.4.

It should work fine with any charger and USB connections at full voltage charging in my 3.4 kernel, no more "force fast charge" needed.

Guest ddarecki

Flashed mourta-kernel 29/11 on CM11 28/11, getting these constantly, once per frame:

11-29 14:40:06.255      619-619/com.android.systemui D/NvOsDebugPrintf﹕ Couldn't open /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max
11-29 14:40:06.269      170-170/? D/NvOsDebugPrintf﹕ Couldn't open /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max
/sys/bus/nvhost gets created only when booted to recovery.

/sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x should generally link to /sys/devices/platform/host1x, although creating a symlink manually fails.

Edited by ddarecki

Guest tool_king

Flashed mourta-kernel 29/11 on CM11 28/11, getting these constantly, once per frame:

11-29 14:40:06.255      619-619/com.android.systemui D/NvOsDebugPrintf﹕ Couldn't open /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max
11-29 14:40:06.269      170-170/? D/NvOsDebugPrintf﹕ Couldn't open /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max
/sys/bus/nvhost gets created only when booted to recovery.

/sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x should generally link to /sys/devices/platform/host1x, although creating a symlink manually fails.

The kernel you flashed is not an official Mourta kernel, and the CM11 isn't a Mourta supported ROM. So you are definitely in the wrong thread, mate!

There you go:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374000-nightly-kernel-34-based-100-on-mourtas-updated-1129/

Edited by tool_king

Guest ddarecki

The kernel you flashed is not an official Mourta kernel

Well, right, but it was built using unmodified mourta kernel sources and I just wanted to speed up development process by writing to a person that is capable of repairing this error. What would be the point of writing in a thread you've pointed me to?

and the CM11 isn't a Mourta supported ROM.

O, I didn't know that. Sorry then.

Well, right, but it was built using unmodified mourta kernel sources and I just wanted to speed up development process by writing to a person that is capable of repairing this error. What would be the point of writing in a thread you've pointed me to?

O, I didn't know that. Sorry then.

These sources are testing sources, there is a reason why i haven't published a kernel based on them yet and that is because they are in testing.

I have a testing crew that deals with that so that the kernels that i publish are stable.

If you read that thread you would know that i don't do support for that nor do i really care to take user reports on it.

In this case the explanation is very simple though, /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max doesn't exist in this kernel, it's now /sys/bus/platform/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max, this changed when video moved to platform_devices. You'll need to reconfigure and recompile CM11 if you want to use it with any version of my 3.4 kernel.

Hi, i use mourta kernel from any months, but i've 2 problems with all versions of this kernel:
1) the speakerphone is not working. When I start a new call "headphones" I hear it all, but when i click on the speakerphone icon, the sound disappears completely and the only thing to do is close the call. Even re-clicking the icon the sound not back through headphones. 
2) if I connect the charger, and reboot the device, no longer recognizes that it is charging. If I unplug the charger does not recognize that the charger has been unplugged and the classic wakelock "muic_lock" remains active, discharging the battery.

I wiped cache and dalvik few times and no problems with other kernel. I using Dalvik.

STEPS:
1)
- Make a call
- Click on headphones icon
- sounds disappear totally on speakerphone and if i re-click the icon sounds on headphones not return
- Only one solution: close the call.

2) 
- plug the charger
- reboot with charger connected
- not recognize the charger and if i unplug the charger, wakelock "muic_lock" eat the battery
- must disconnect charger, reboot and plug charger for recognize it

Edited by devilo

Hi, i use mourta kernel from any months, but i've 2 problems with all versions of this kernel:

1) the speakerphone is not working. When I start a new call "headphones" I hear it all, but when i click on the speakerphone icon, the sound disappears completely and the only thing to do is close the call. Even re-clicking the icon the sound not back through headphones. 

2) if I connect the charger, and reboot the device, no longer recognizes that it is charging. If I unplug the charger does not recognize that the charger has been unplugged and the classic wakelock "muic_lock" remains active, discharging the battery.

I wiped cache and dalvik few times and no problems with other kernel. I using Dalvik.

STEPS:

1)

- Make a call

- Click on headphones icon

- sounds disappear totally on speakerphone and if i re-click the icon sounds on headphones not return

- Only one solution: close the call.

2) 

- plug the charger

- reboot with charger connected

- not recognize the charger and if i unplug the charger, wakelock "muic_lock" eat the battery

- must disconnect charger, reboot and plug charger for recognize it

Which version of the kernel and which ROM?

Which version of the kernel and which ROM?

From version 2014-10-15: mourta-kernel-3.4-10-10.zip for problem n° 1)

Now i'm testing Nightly and same problems. 

I'm on OmniROM.

For problem n° 2) there's from first version. I'm just alerted Giuseppe time ago, but no response. 

i've an interrogative:

You have suggested Interactive/balanced for Battery, but with Interactive frequencies never go down to 51Mhz. Still on 475Mhz min. 

Only with OnDemand or Conservative go down to 51Mhz. 

It's normal? 

Edited by devilo

From version 2014-10-15: mourta-kernel-3.4-10-10.zip for problem n° 1)

Now i'm testing Nightly and same problems. 

I'm on OmniROM.

For problem n° 2) there's from first version. I'm just alerted Giuseppe time ago, but no response. 

i've an interrogative:

You have suggested Interactive/balanced for Battery, but with Interactive frequencies never go down to 51Mhz. Still on 475Mhz min. 

Only with OnDemand or Conservative go down to 51Mhz. 

It's normal? 

There will be problems using other ROM's since some controls in the init files refer to files created by the kernel that have been moved with 3.4.

Now, for the first problem, i am unsure what you mean here. If i click on speaker phone then the sound is routed to the back speaker, if i click on it again it is routed to the regular front speaker. It works fine for me.

For the second problem, that is a problem with Omni's init files that are not adapted for this kernel.

There are other problems, like the move to platform_data which changes everything since what used to be in nvhost is now in platform, these things can be fixed by reworking the init files.

You can use the init files from my Liquid as a template for that.

Guest tool_king

@Mourta

Any idea, what's causing the graphic glitches in the Play Store as seen in the attached screenshot?

I'm on 2014-10-14 ROM and on the nightly kernel v2014-12-01 (but the glitches have already been there with your stable kernel releases as well).

post-1045300-0-04601100-1418042230_thumb

Guest abhi08638

@Mourta

Any idea, what's causing the graphic glitches in the Play Store as seen in the attached screenshot?

I'm on 2014-10-14 ROM and on the nightly kernel v2014-12-01 (but the glitches have already been there with your stable kernel releases as well).

Its caused by Archidroid Optimizations, but I think its been fixed since then

Guest SuperLamic

Its caused by Archidroid Optimizations, but I think its been fixed since then

nope, it's caused by GCC 4.9, all other roms are using 4.7 (I think so?)

I have sent a fix I found to Mourta and he said that he will try implement it to next release.

Anyway that's not a real bug for me, I'm not using this (mostly excellent) rom because of not working PowerAMP and my bluetooth headphones stops playing after few minutes till I pair it with my mobile again.

I hope Mourta will fix these bugs and release the best rom ever.

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest tool_king

nope, it's caused by GCC 4.9, all other roms are using 4.7 (I think so?)

I have sent a fix I found to Mourta and he said that he will try implement it to next release.

Anyway that's not a real bug for me, I'm not using this (mostly excellent) rom because of not working PowerAMP and my bluetooth headphones stops playing after few minutes till I pair it with my mobile again.

I hope Mourta will fix these bugs and release the best rom ever.

Thx.

That Poweramp isn't working, shouldn't be a problem. There are tons of apps out there, that work at last as good at Poweramp. But there is just one PlayStore.

Guest Komodoketavaran

Heeeeeello... My problem is that Mourta-kernels after an undefined time begin to stuck at 1000mhz freq. After clean install of rom it goes fine but after some days or sometimes a week out of nowhere it begins to stuck :/ sometimes it scales properly for a month and when i sleep and awake in the morning and the first look to my 4X is the scary truth that its stucks.