[HELP] android.process media has stopped

Guest TheKerevas

Guest TheKerevas
Hello everyone, as the title i need help with the error "android.process media has stopped," from what I have found is an error related to the Download Manager or media storage, can you tell me how to do? I did all the cleaning cache / data and wipe Dalvik cache, Factory Reset and Flash ROM possible and imaginable, thanks to all.

P.S The problem occurs when the exhaust something for example the Play Store and my OS is 4.1.1.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peter Carlos

Hello everyone, as the title i need help with the error "android.process media has stopped," from what I have found is an error related to the Download Manager or media storage, can you tell me how to do? I did all the cleaning cache / data and wipe Dalvik cache, Factory Reset and Flash ROM possible and imaginable, thanks to all.

P.S The problem occurs when the exhaust something for example the Play Store and my OS is 4.1.1.

Well, yes this error is related with the problem over the download manager, and I don't think there is any need of factory resetting or ......a simple clearing in the cache and the data stored by the download manager app could have fixed this error out and if it still doesn't helps you then I guess the problem is somewhere else .... but factory resetting should have fixed the issue.  

Guest maniac_mouse

Try this...

Go to Settings - All Apps - Media Storage - Disable (if enabled) - Force Close - Enable.
If Enabled, then Disable - Force Close and Enable again.
Reboot Phone.

Or this...

1. Go to settings
2.General
3.Application Manager
4.ALL
5.Click the BOTTOM LEFT button on the phone itself
5.RESET APP PREFERENCES
Fixed

Copy/pasted from this Android central thread, there are a few more ideas there that might work.

Hope this helps....