LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

Guest jrcquinito
Hi, well, I gave him another chance to this update. I started from a clean install, Wipes and format / systen. After installing a couple of reboots and it seems to work pretty well. I need to test the GPS with two applications that use a lot for sport, sport-tracker and My Tracks, which record the activity of runner you do. 
Greetings to the forum.

Guest SuperLamic

Hi mourta,

I'm so sorry but I've found 2 new bugs - first is usb tethering (I'm using it at school PCs when teacher blocks us from Internet - yeah it works on another roms :D (and vmware virtual pc - we are not admins, so we can't install drivers))

and other is bluetooth audio - I got my new bluetooth headphones today and I was so sad when I saw it's not working. It only pairs and then no sound comes.. (even it sould come :D )

I temporary flashed Mahdi to get bluetooth audio back and I can feel the difference between roms :D now my mobile lags like hell (in comparsion) but I can listen with my new headphones and Poweramp (which is not working in your rom too)

I hope you will solve the problems with this rom and we will finally have the best rom ever. Thank you for your work.

Guest NothingSerious

Hi mourta,

I'm so sorry but I've found 2 new bugs - first is usb tethering (I'm using it at school PCs when teacher blocks us from Internet - yeah it works on another roms :D (and vmware virtual pc - we are not admins, so we can't install drivers))

and other is bluetooth audio - I got my new bluetooth headphones today and I was so sad when I saw it's not working. It only pairs and then no sound comes.. (even it sould come :D )

I temporary flashed Mahdi to get bluetooth audio back and I can feel the difference between roms :D now my mobile lags like hell (in comparsion) but I can listen with my new headphones and Poweramp (which is not working in your rom too)

I hope you will solve the problems with this rom and we will finally have the best rom ever. Thank you for your work.

I don't know about USB tethering but bluetooth audio works fine.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest SuperLamic

I don't know about USB tethering but bluetooth audio works fine.

huh, you're right :D I've restored my backup connected the headphones and it works :D this rom is wired in audio things, it happends to me with normal headphones too that it isn't recognised and system is playing all sounds to speaker..

hmm, it happend to me again, I can't play any sound into bluetooth headphones till restart.. (it doesn't even work after reconnection)

huh, you're right :D I've restored my backup connected the headphones and it works :D this rom is wired in audio things, it happends to me with normal headphones too that it isn't recognised and system is playing all sounds to speaker..

hmm, it happend to me again, I can't play any sound into bluetooth headphones till restart.. (it doesn't even work after reconnection)

I think you got stuck between two versions there and thought you had the latest, you're not the only one.

For those who are sharing testing versions MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT I SUPPORT AT ALL and please, make sure that the version is marked "no-support" to fix this inconvenience for regular users.

I'm not going to do call outs on these things but if it persists the testing crew will be left with one person that i can trust to do it right.

It's not going to be a good solution for anyone so stop pestering people from testing for the testing version on other forums.

For the testing crew, i don't want testing versions presented as kernel releases (it's the newest and best as someone wrote on another forum) and i most certainly don't appreciate people using MY compiled code presented as their own kernel.

It is FINE if you download the code off of my bitbucket, compile it as is and present it as your compiled version of the latest 3.4 for the p880. However, if  you do that you may NOT refer to me, the bitbucket i maintain or any of my threads, you want to do that, you fork it and present it as your own development, i don't want ANYTHING to do with that.

But you do NOT use my compiled code and present it as your own on other forums and you do NOT use YOUR compilations and direct people to these threads as if it was something *I* released when it doesn't work.

My bitbucket is in a state where it works as last testing at all times, it is what *I* deem as fit for testing, this is before it is sent to the testing crew and way before it reaches stable.

So, let's make this perfectly clear, for those of you who want to stay on stable, do that, for those of you that feel that sharing a testing version isn't so bad, you're off the testing team effective at this very instant and if you want to use my code to continue compiling and releasing you are very welcome to do so but then it has NOTHING to do with me and i want you to make that perfectly clear to all users.

I hope that is clear enough.

I'll have a discussion with Giuseppe about a new testing crew, as it is at least three members of it should be apologizing to the both of us.

Guest moneyvirus

Wow man this is sad to hear, I think you are fully correct you need people who you can trust and they shouldn't try to make fame with your work, hopefully there will be a new testing crew soon

Guest SuperLamic

I think you got stuck between two versions there and thought you had the latest, you're not the only one.

For those who are sharing testing versions MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT I SUPPORT AT ALL and please, make sure that the version is marked "no-support" to fix this inconvenience for regular users.

I'm not going to do call outs on these things but if it persists the testing crew will be left with one person that i can trust to do it right.

It's not going to be a good solution for anyone so stop pestering people from testing for the testing version on other forums.

For the testing crew, i don't want testing versions presented as kernel releases (it's the newest and best as someone wrote on another forum) and i most certainly don't appreciate people using MY compiled code presented as their own kernel.

It is FINE if you download the code off of my bitbucket, compile it as is and present it as your compiled version of the latest 3.4 for the p880. However, if  you do that you may NOT refer to me, the bitbucket i maintain or any of my threads, you want to do that, you fork it and present it as your own development, i don't want ANYTHING to do with that.

But you do NOT use my compiled code and present it as your own on other forums and you do NOT use YOUR compilations and direct people to these threads as if it was something *I* released when it doesn't work.

My bitbucket is in a state where it works as last testing at all times, it is what *I* deem as fit for testing, this is before it is sent to the testing crew and way before it reaches stable.

So, let's make this perfectly clear, for those of you who want to stay on stable, do that, for those of you that feel that sharing a testing version isn't so bad, you're off the testing team effective at this very instant and if you want to use my code to continue compiling and releasing you are very welcome to do so but then it has NOTHING to do with me and i want you to make that perfectly clear to all users.

I hope that is clear enough.

I'll have a discussion with Giuseppe about a new testing crew, as it is at least three members of it should be apologizing to the both of us.

OK, clear.

Actually I was using your build, not some testing, but I installed some mods in it, I'm suspecting viper for that. Now I reinstalled your rom (and wiped data :( ) so bluetooth things are OK.

Just curious but who's the third member of your testing crew? I hasn't saw anyone else active here.

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Guys i have been around for a longer time on custom software and kernels. I see how people complain about thing(i did same mistakes)

When you find a problem like fc or not working app or draining battery try to find actual problem and solve it

For fc and apps not working try to clean cache and dalvik again and trust me it helps.

Enter the apps in srttings and wipe the data in actual app that is not working properly

If that does not work make a clean install and that is: wipe cache,wipe factory reset,wipe dalvik and go to mount and storage and wipe data there. If you doo this last thing you need to have a files that you want to flash on your sd card ,or adleast have a working backup on your sd card. If all this doeas not work make a log of problem(i use CatLog app) and find the problem and send it to developer. Ussaly prooblem is marked with capital E so copy past it and send it. Dont make to loong logs because then is hard to find a problem

OK, clear.

Actually I was using your build, not some testing, but I installed some mods in it, I'm suspecting viper for that. Now I reinstalled your rom (and wiped data :( ) so bluetooth things are OK.

Just curious but who's the third member of your testing crew? I hasn't saw anyone else active here.

The testing crew is Giuseppes responsibility. It consists of a number of people, he has sometimes asked me if it's ok if someone is a part but i have dismissed that as his choice and responsibility.

Make no mistake, i have FULL trust in my friend Giuseppe and i do believe that this could only happen because he's a very good and trusting person that some people may use..

It should be noted that i'll deal with this tonight and we'll be back on schedule after that, i don't mind if others download and compile my code, just don't call that "Mourta-Kernel".

See Mourta-Kernel is a joined effort between me as a developer and my friend Giuseppe that has put together a team of testers, i have not a bad word to say about him, he's been great and i have got loads of valuable information from him and his team of testers.

That is why this is so sad.

I'm about to push a massive update to three core parts into testing and i need to know it stays there, after this we are at 3.8 on everything we deal with when it comes to the quirks of our phone specifically, which means that if it passes testing, we're moving to 3.8.

As anyone who have looked at the NV code might have noted we don't actually have support for our chipset in that... however, Nvidia is pretty awesome with their drivers and the binary drivers work, which means it is up to me to make the interface to make it work with that.

This also means that we can move to lollypop using drivers from Nvidia. I would like to use hardfp on a complete ROM  but liquid is a bit too ... well suffice to say that the patching wold be so great i would have to make a new ROM to do it, and as a kernel dev since 20 years i don't think it's something i'm interested in.

HOWEVER, if there are programmers out there who do not loathe Java, talk to me.

Guest ottomanhero

I know my timing couldn't have been any worse, but most of the apps I try to run just give me a crash.I'm on ART, runing this ROM (3.4 one) and flashed the latest 3.4 kernel above it as recommended.

Angry birds stella and angry birds starwars to name a few.Could it be because of GCC 4.9? Can anyone confirm if these apps run fine?

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Ok guys, first of all I apologise for this situation, something went a bit wrong with a crew's member, but we're gonna solve the problem in a very little amount of time..I'm really sorry for that.

@Mourta I want to thank you publicly, for trusting me and my responsibility. I can assure to you and to all of this great community that this kind of situations will no more happen in the future, the other members of the crew are very reliable people and we'll continue to work hard as always.

@ottomanhero I'm just playing Clash of clans every day, and it works fine here, but I'm using dalvik ;)

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest ottomanhero

@ottomanhero I'm just playing Clash of clans every day, and it works fine here, but I'm using dalvik ;)

That game works fine for me aswell.I have problems runing "angry birds stella, angry birds starwars, battleship 3D"

The screen rotates, a black screen appears and a few seconds later it crashes.This happens with most of my 2D games, I just want to see if it's caused by ART before I get in deeper with the issue

Guest tool_king

I know my timing couldn't have been any worse, but most of the apps I try to run just give me a crash.I'm on ART, runing this ROM (3.4 one) and flashed the latest 3.4 kernel above it as recommended.

Angry birds stella and angry birds starwars to name a few.Could it be because of GCC 4.9? Can anyone confirm if these apps run fine?

I downloaded Angry Birds Star Wars II just for you, and it's running flawlessly for me. Of course I'm on ART myself with the latest ROM and kernel.

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Here is a noob question. Where can i disable lights on buttons(menu,home,back) i had them alwys off now i cant find where to disable them. But just the ilumination not the functions

Guest ottomanhero

I downloaded Angry Birds Star Wars II just for you, and it's running flawlessly for me. Of course I'm on ART myself with the latest ROM and kernel.

Guess I'll have to refreshen my installation.Had made a fresh installation actually but when I broke something I dirty flashed the ROM.

Thanks

Guest ottomanhero

Here is a noob question. Where can i disable lights on buttons(menu,home,back) i had them alwys off now i cant find where to disable them. But just the ilumination not the functions

You do that via Options > liquidsmooth > Notifications

I don't remember where exactly but there are settings about software keys, there you can find settings about hardware keys where you can also turn LED lights off.

Doing a fresh installation atm, ty for the replies all

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

You do that via Options > liquidsmooth > Notifications

I don't remember where exactly but there are settings about software keys, there you can find settings about hardware keys where you can also turn LED lights off.

Doing a fresh installation atm, ty for the replies all

Options/liquidsmooth/navigation/ enable ilumination....found it tnx for help. I did a clean install and it is awsome for now. If i gind any bumps i will try to solve it and report back

Guest SuperLamic

OK, finally I found the bluetooth problem is still present (even after clear install) and it's something writtten in for each device. After bluetooth audio crash I can't use my headphones (I can't hear anything, even after reboot) till I remove it from paired devicies and pair again. I grabbed log of that crash. I just want to say that this is caused by this rom, I'm using mahdi and there this headphones are working just fine.

2014-11-01_20.27.zip

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

My notifications are all green(i made them that way it is not a bug) they are Hulk green hahaha i am loving it lol greeeen hahaha hulk strong hahaha i really love this feature mate this is awsome

Guest Komodoketavaran

My notifications are all green(i made them that way it is not a bug) they are Hulk green hahaha i am loving it lol greeeen hahaha hulk strong hahaha i really love this feature mate this is awsome

You dont must post the same text in two different topics....

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

It's easy to recognise a test version from another : just see the machine where it was compiled

I just shared a test version for stock.

I never shared a liquid smooth or cm version. When I did it was just in the testing crew group to troubleshoot and help luca which couldn't see video. In that situation I just reverted a commit from mourta, the remaining was the same exact kernel. I shared it just on the testing crew group to avoid every confusion. So I guess @mourta can be bad informed on it: except in the closed group I never shared a test version for Cm or anykernel. In the end a test version from another compiler can be recognised in easy way just observing the compiling machine which is written. I hope all is clear now.

I can't figure out who is making confusion now. Just not me.

post-1045158-14149237485412_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Yesterday i downloaded this rom and flash it. All was fine but after few hours i got buttons light back on after i set them off. Trying to disable that it was not possible. So i rebooted the phone and when it started booting back up it got stuck. So after 10min watching LS boot animation i pulled the battery out and enterd recovery mode and did a clean flash again. I think it is my fault because i restored all from google play. So new clean install and installing things one by one and adjusting settings. Today i had some problems with those buttons lights again but somehow i turned them off finaly. When i tried to enter settings i got a black screen and nothing else. Is that maybe bcause i did not flashed kernel as well. I have it from before and you said that there us no need for it but hey who knows?

Yesterday i downloaded this rom and flash it. All was fine but after few hours i got buttons light back on after i set them off. Trying to disable that it was not possible. So i rebooted the phone and when it started booting back up it got stuck. So after 10min watching LS boot animation i pulled the battery out and enterd recovery mode and did a clean flash again. I think it is my fault because i restored all from google play. So new clean install and installing things one by one and adjusting settings. Today i had some problems with those buttons lights again but somehow i turned them off finaly. When i tried to enter settings i got a black screen and nothing else. Is that maybe bcause i did not flashed kernel as well. I have it from before and you said that there us no need for it but hey who knows?

Also signal lost whe your button lights turned on? Try updating to 20c and after flash LS. I still think this is the best rom version 13.9 and its kernel Edited by Gkeko