Nightly-Kernel-3.4 (Based 100% on Mourta's, updated 02/24/2015)

Guest NothingSerious

Guest NothingSerious

Thanks, mate! Is the new version compatible to Lollipop as well?

It might boot on a certain Lollipop ROM, but it won't work properly regardless because of the missing headers.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest tool_king

It might boot on a certain Lollipop ROM, but it won't work properly regardless because of the missing headers.

Alright. Thanks a lot! Maybe I'll give it a try on Euphoria ROM within the next few days.

Edit:

As mentioned above, I gave v2015-02-25 a try with Euphoria OS. As expected, it doesn't boot properly.

Edited by tool_king

Guest tool_king

One Question: is it allowed to post bugs for this testing kernel?

Regarding the OP, it wouldn't make any sense imho. Better wait for Mourta's supported release in his thread, if there is still a bug you want to mention.

Guest SuperLamic

Under which ROM do you use it, mate?

this kernel works only under mourta's LS :( But even with that bugs from LS it's best fw for O4X :) no lags or reboots sofar

I m using mourtas LS from 18.10. Some audio stuttering while music playback and ringtones. Batterie is very good. Lost only 1.5% per hour with 2G/wifi and sync on. Best result so far. Now switching to Art.

One Question: is it allowed to post bugs for this testing kernel?

You can whine about bugs if it helps you relax but since this isn't a kernel supported by anyone no one will care about it.

It's not testing, it's not stable, it's just a snapshot of my code compiled in the midst of fixups and updating.

Okay, i wont whine ;-) btw good snapshot

A better version is already in the hands of the testers, there will be a stable version ready as soon as they give me the OK or i fix what is wrong with it.

Then you can tell me about bugs with it. ;)

Guest tool_king

A better version is already in the hands of the testers, there will be a stable version ready as soon as they give me the OK or i fix what is wrong with it.

Then you can tell me about bugs with it. ;)

Will your next release version of the kernel work with your KitKat LS ROM only or do you plan to make it compatible with existing Lollipop ROMs as well?

Will your next release version of the kernel work with your KitKat LS ROM only or do you plan to make it compatible with existing Lollipop ROMs as well?

It will work with my Lollipop ROM and my KK ROM.

It probably won't work well with anything else since the changes are such that we either have to compile libstagefright or find a libstagefright that is compiled using the headers from my kernel.

I'm doing the former and having a bit of success but i'm not going to say that i have a completely stable version of it just yet. It's a bit beyond everything else.

I also posted an example init.x3.rc in another thread, it's ok to replace whatever init.x3.rc you're using with that and it should work better.

Guest tool_king

It will work with my Lollipop ROM and my KK ROM.

It probably won't work well with anything else since the changes are such that we either have to compile libstagefright or find a libstagefright that is compiled using the headers from my kernel.

I'm doing the former and having a bit of success but i'm not going to say that i have a completely stable version of it just yet. It's a bit beyond everything else.

I also posted an example init.x3.rc in another thread, it's ok to replace whatever init.x3.rc you're using with that and it should work better.

YOUR Lollipop ROM? That's definitely enough for me. As soon as you have released your's, I won't have to use a different Lollipop ROM. Just take your time! I know it's worth waiting for your stuff.

YOUR Lollipop ROM? That's definitely enough for me. As soon as you have released your's, I won't have to use a different Lollipop ROM. Just take your time! I know it's worth waiting for your stuff.

Next ROM release will be Lollipop, it's not ready to go just yet but it's so close that i'll probably be running it full time within a couple of days, it's mainly down to how well i can get everything to behave.

I'm getting the whip out.

Guest derders

100% agree

Next ROM release will be Lollipop, it's not ready to go just yet but it's so close that i'll probably be running it full time within a couple of days, it's mainly down to how well i can get everything to behave.

I'm getting the whip out.

I am also waiting for a long time LS lollipop. 

Patience is the key to everything (for this phone lol).

No problem I can wait longer for Mr Mourta's work:)

I didnt write something untill now but following his works for a long time.

Guest Mourta

No problem I can wait longer for Mr Mourta's work:)

I didnt write something untill now but following his works for a long time.

At the end of a process of updating the kernel, i managed to make deep sleep so deep that it doesn't wake for calls or anything but the power button, i think i should fix that before release.

I've implemented the entirety of powersaving and new workqueues from my 3.10 implementation, moving on to base kernel to get it up to date, video and audio is done, new regulator code is in testing, 3.14 upgrade for several parts is being implemented.

I'm working on both the testing one i sent to testing and the next version at the same time now, there will be a massive improvement with the new testing and the next version after that will... well, i need to fix sleep and power efficient workqueues but other than that.... there is something about the new qos and edp that makes voltage settings and gpu - cpu overclocking redundant, it will scale perfectly for any task.

I'll set it to 1700 for cpu and 520 for gpu and since i got lazy and just wrote a quick debug app where i can control scripts i might include that too to give you control over settings.

I can understand what you try to do but when I try to imagine its look like green matrix movie codes for me :)

Just getting excited because of liquid smooth lollipop

Guest tool_king

I can understand what you try to do but when I try to imagine its look like green matrix movie codes for me  :)

Just getting excited because of liquid smooth lollipop

So, let's see if Mourta is our Neo then. ;)

Guest SuperLamic

hi all,

I like Mourta's work and I watch everything at modaco in hope of next update, so I saw a thread with new init with some fixes. I edited nightly installer and pushed new init to rom with nightly kernel - overall rom was laggy and not very good, even my music was laggy. I changed governor to interactive and cpuquiet to runnable and it's awesome :) I don't know if it's better than with old init, because it was awesome before too :D .

If someone wants to try it, here is it: https://mega.co.nz/#!JA1TUbrZ!7pdGCGo0BgLBm3WzvDQUtNK4Qd2QJjIVshlh4Z1bHT0 (I reverted abyssplug changes and added runnable settings)

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest NothingSerious

hi all,

I like Mourta's work and I watch everything at modaco in hope of next update, so I saw a thread with new init with some fixes. I edited nightly installer and pushed new init to rom with nightly kernel - overall rom was laggy and not very good, even my music was laggy. I changed governor to interactive and cpuquiet to runnable and it's awesome :) I don't know if it's better than with old init, because it was awesome before too :D .

If someone wants to try it, here is it: https://mega.co.nz/#!JA1TUbrZ!7pdGCGo0BgLBm3WzvDQUtNK4Qd2QJjIVshlh4Z1bHT0 (I reverted abyssplug changes and added runnable settings)

abyssplugv2(avoid for now)

Now you understand why  ;)

Edited by NothingSerious