Updating huawei g300 U8815

Guest djbreed

Guest djbreed

Hi

Firstly may I point out I am new to the idea of modding my phone so appologise if I asking silly questions, I am currently trying to update the android version 2.3.6 to at least 4.0.but for a start my phone is attached to vodafone who inform me they are not updating to 4.0 on my device , i would like to update and root my phone to get rid of bloatware etc , So I have spent some time researching before posting here and get the impression it should not be done to this device for hardware reasons but Im not completely sure Im correct.

My device is the huawei g300 U8815

Ok so what I think I know

From what I have been told and read online updating to 4.0 can cause huge issues and possiblly brick my phone and as I cannot at this moment afford to replace it want to be sure before I attempt it and end up here frustrated and having to explain what I've done.

I have been told this is the place for the best advice, so                                                                     1. Can my device be updated ,will it slow it down and make it sluggish

2. If not how do I go about it

3. Do I have to update to root as want to rid my phone of bloatware etc

4. how do I root it if its possible.

Although I have read its not a good idea there seems to be plenty of people uploading videos on youtube etc of my device with 4.0 and higher and they seem to work but want to be sure

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated

djbreed

Edited by djbreed