[DEV][ROM][18.1.] CyanogenMod 12 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.0.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest boros2222

Motorola has started releasing official updates for XT1032. Almost every versions can be already downloaded from XDA.

My question is the next:

As Motorola has released these updates, is it possible to look into their sources and try to base custom ROMs on the updated bootloader and also fix issues regarding to the new bootloader?

Guest KonstaT

Motorola has started releasing official updates for XT1032. Almost every versions can be already downloaded from XDA.

My question is the next:

As Motorola has released these updates, is it possible to look into their sources and try to base custom ROMs on the updated bootloader and also fix issues regarding to the new bootloader?

What issues are there? I've heard of the 'screen flicker' but I don't know how it actually manifests itself in the real world.

Motorola released the Lollipop kernel source couple of weeks ago and anyone could have started sorting out any issues ever since. I haven't updated my device to official Lollipop yet (roll-out to retail en.GB devices started yesterday AFAIK) so I haven't had any reason to start working on the new kernel. I was also kind of hoping someone would beat me to it. :P falcon/peregrine/titan/condor each have device maintainers for the official CM (I'm not one of them) and there's even someone in the CM payroll maintaining this device. ;) I will eventually do it if no one else does, but I'm really not in any hurry with that.

Guest luca020400

What issues are there? I've heard of the 'screen flicker' but I don't know how it actually manifests itself in the real world.

Motorola released the Lollipop kernel source couple of weeks ago and anyone could have started sorting out any issues ever since. I haven't updated my device to official Lollipop yet (roll-out to retail en.GB devices started yesterday AFAIK) so I haven't had any reason to start working on the new kernel. I was also kind of hoping someone would beat me to it. :P falcon/peregrine/titan/condor each have device maintainers for the official CM (I'm not one of them) and there's even someone in the CM payroll maintaining this device. ;) I will eventually do it if no one else does, but I'm really not in any hurry with that.

Hmm

https://github.com/lollipop-moto-kernel/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226

It should work on falcon/peregrine/titan/condor ( condor doesn't have a proper defconfig )

It works fine in titan

I was talking with intevigil about new lp kernel and he doesn't know if merge or create a new branch

In my kernel I just applied needed patches to lp kernel

Need media build to get video playback working

Edited by luca020400

Guest KonstaT

I was talking with intevigil about new lp kernel and he doesn't know if merge or create a new branch

It can't be merged. KitKat and Lollipop kernels are not from the same Motorola's internal branch and there will be some crazy conflicts. It would have been the ideal way to do it if possible.

Have to just start from the scratch and do everything all over again. One of the reasons I'm not too keen on doing it and loosing all the work that's gone into the kernel I'm currently using.

Guest luca020400

It can't be merged. KitKat and Lollipop kernels are not from the same Motorola's internal branch and there will be some crazy conflicts. It would have been the ideal way to do it if possible.

Have to just start from the scratch and do everything all over again. One of the reasons I'm not too keen on doing it and loosing all the work that's gone into the kernel I'm currently using.

Yes I know the merge is impossible

But I'm a noob git user and maybe someone know how to merge it xd

And I agree with you , loose your work at the kernel is a bad idea

Anyway move to a new kernel is a lot of work ... We titan had some problems with blobs

Guest KonstaT

Well, I think someone will have to make a Lollipop kernel because we can't stay on Kitkat's kernel forever.

It's done. Next nightly will have a kernel based on the new Lollipop source release.