BST change causing return of time issues

Guest Metztli

Guest neson

Yes, the BST change has completely tumbled the clock on our Hudl2. 

Even manually setting the time is pointless, as it drifts erratically.

Worryingly the non-charging issue also recurred on Sunday for the first time since the big update...

....... back on topic .......

BST change not been an issue from my experience. My hudl2 is set to obtain it's time from my local NTP server (just an extra function added to a debian file server).

The only 'odd' time issue I've occasionally observed over time has only ever been at power on - once booted up, on the initial lock screen, the time can be presented for a split couple of seconds as '12:00' until the wireless network connects and is then automatically corrected to the correct time i.e. it's queried the NTP time server on my network - this I've proved through network sniffing and packet capture on the debian server network port.  ;)

I don't know enough about the internal circuity of the unit to understand if this is an occasional issue or a feature.  :ninja:

Guest mhardyman

My clock is all over the place, totally inaccurate. (Rooted) I've been using Clocksync to keep it roughly in order. Didn't notice if BST was the trigger but noticed around that time. Have had no success with reboots etc.

Guest crusader58

I've not had clock issues since changing to a UK server in the gps.conf file which can be found within the

system\etc folder.

here are the settings I use:-

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276

backup your gps.conf to a safe location and then replace the current entries with those given above then reboot

EDIT:  the link formatting in the text above should be plain text, I can't prevent it from displaying as a link rather than plain text.
Edited by crusader58

Guest mhardyman

Thanks for the info, went via a cut and paste into a google doc to remove link formatting. Not sure how necessary, but didn't fancy risking it. Will post back results in a few days.

2Days later

All working perfectly, many thanks for the tip.

Edited by mhardyman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crusader58

For those of you who don't wish to manually edit your gps.conf file but are rooted there is an app on the Play Store that will do it for you, plus it backs up your original file.

it's called topNTP, there are various settings you can choose from till you find the best one for you...it also optimises the file so that you get a faster GPS fix (for those of you that use GPS.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mhardyman

Sadly seems to have gone wrong. Seems to be losing time. Might have a go with topNTP. Don't really want to do a factory rest. Only thing I have done recently is freeze hudl updates and install kodi. (xmbc)