The Zte Blade Apex 2 Topic - ALL THE INFO AND QUESTIONS, POST HERE!!!-

Guest Durreau

Guest KonstaT

it's probably locked because adb  reboot-bootloader only reboots normally (unlike what the guy that started the thread saw). Power up + volume down or volume up either goes to Recovery (no bootloader there) or to FTM mode (no bootloader there either). I have even tried to run adb reboot-bootloader (or reboot bootloader) from inside FTM but it just reboots there too.

I'll look into that ping thing you mentioned.

edit: I had already tried the latest Kingroot though.. I noticed you said it includes it. Well, it doesn't work here.

Yes, I mean the latest 4.0.1 from like a day ago.

I also tried the pingpong root thing but that didn't work either, not surprisingly, since it's specifically for Samsungs.

Correct command is:

adb reboot bootloader

That vulnerability is most likely exploitable on any Android version above 4.3. Unless you received a stock update from ZTE last couple of weeks that had it patched. ;) I don't know if PingPong/Kingroot currently only support specific builds on specific devices though.

Silly root exploits are exactly that, silly. Easiest/best way to root a device is to build a custom recovery image and use it to flash SuperSU. That way you can at least know what is happening on your device. Of course if the bootloader is truly locked, that'll make it a bit more difficult...

Guest epigramx

Correct command is:

adb reboot bootloader

That vulnerability is most likely exploitable on any Android version above 4.3. Unless you received a stock update from ZTE last couple of weeks that had it patched. ;) I don't know if PingPong/Kingroot currently only support specific builds on specific devices though.

Silly root exploits are exactly that, silly. Easiest/best way to root a device is to build a custom recovery image and use it to flash SuperSU. That way you can at least know what is happening on your device. Of course if the bootloader is truly locked, that'll make it a bit more difficult...

As I said, "(or reboot bootloader)", and I just tried it again without the dash and it just rebooted normally. By the way, adb.exe without attributes reports both versions of the command if you noticed, so both are probably identical.

I have really tried everything easily googled on this, including Kingroot version from a couple of days ago, and those two root apks from this thread.

I'm using Linux from before Android even existed. I'm not that novice on those things.

PS. A serious bet might be a custom use of that recent exploit.

Edited by epigramx

Guest Durreau

The worst joke of the day, I flashed this guy rom and now I'm stucked too. Worst decision ever.

Why do you that? you and the other guy makes me doing a epic facepalm, in dont understand these type of people...

Guest epigramx

It just worked(!!) with the latest version of iRoot (PC version, not .apk version!). The version they have and it worked was from 15/5/2015. i.e. today.

I got the idea accidentally from a forum I googled with a guy that had locked his SIM.

Little did he know the first day he searched is probably the first the tool works.

edit: the actual latest version I used is from the non-english site.

Edited by epigramx

Guest Oriceles

It just worked(!!) with the latest version of iRoot (PC version, not .apk version!). The version they have and it worked was from 15/5/2015. i.e. today.

I got the idea accidentally from a forum I googled with a guy that had locked his SIM.

Little did he know the first day he searched is probably the first the tool works.

edit: the actual latest version I used is from the non-english site.

can you link to that please?

Guest epigramx

can you link to that please?

http://www.mgyun.com/vroot

Thank you that will help the users who chnged their roms with this

Funny thing is I don't know if the official Finland update.zip helps with vroot(iroot). I updated to the Finland update.zip today and while the version of Android remained the same, the fingerprint changed (shown with the "adb shell getprop ro.build.fingerprint" command or by just reading the file in the zip).

Edited by epigramx

Guest epigramx

:D Now I'm trying to remove their spam in favor of supersu. I keep messing it up and have to re-root it:P

It turns out if I remove their "cleaner" app they autoinstalled, only the root program remains. I'll just leave it at that for now. Supersu wouldn't add anything more in that functionality.

Guest Oriceles

tried super su and didn't work for me, it asked to update binary and stuff. Ended using King User as it worked for previous methods of this device.

Guest epigramx

I think it's fine. At first I got scared it's too spammy. But if I remove only their "cleaner" app they add without asking, kinguser  looks fine to me.

Edited by epigramx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU WITH THE TWRP! It wont work. I tried it by myself when the twrp was relased. It will et stuck and install a non working supersu app that you can't uninstall. And reflashing the stock rom will be real damn difficult.

DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU WITH THE TWRP! It wont work. I tried it by myself when the twrp was relased. It will et stuck and install a non working supersu app that you can't uninstall. And reflashing the stock rom will be real damn difficult.

Erm, it's quite easy to flash a stock firmware and even easier to restore a nandroid backup you made in TWRP before you started messing with your system.

• 8 months later...
Guest TomasS

@KonstaTYou say that the blade apex 2 and blade vec 4g are identical? then can recovery or rom from vec 4g work on apex2. On the apex2 we currently only have a broken twrp that can't flash anything "error executing updater-binary in zip". But there is a twrp that works for the blade vec 4g since some rom forumber2 is developing can be flashed on it. I'm trying to make a twrp flashable stock rom for the apex 2 but any updater-binary doesn't work.

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, TomasS said:

@KonstaTYou say that the blade apex 2 and blade vec 4g are identical? then can recovery or rom from vec 4g work on apex2. On the apex2 we currently only have a broken twrp that can't flash anything "error executing updater-binary in zip". But there is a twrp that works for the blade vec 4g since some rom forumber2 is developing can be flashed on it. I'm trying to make a twrp flashable stock rom for the apex 2 but any updater-binary doesn't work.

No, I've never said such thing.

IDK, could be a problem with your TWRP or the zip your trying to flash.

Guest megamejo
14 hours ago, TomasS said:

What you've said is crazy, when you try to flash any  ROM, unless the ROM is have beem made for this specific device it's not going to work, even if you are in a custom recovery, the TWRP works perfectly, because it have been developed by TeamWin, the owners of TWRP, don't try to flash a ROM from a device to any other directly, you must change in it many things.