Android 4.4.4

Guest Jargo1

There are NO android 4.4+ builds for the hudl. As for the future who knows, but without the complete source (including hardware specific drivers) I doubt it.

Guest flurry

4.4.2 is the latest build for Intel android devices, we may get lollipop if we are lucky but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think that's more relevant to the Hudl2, which uses in intel chip. The original Hudl uses an RK3188

• 3 months later...
Guest darrellr

The only thing I think that is needed is the video driver, although I seem to remember the Hudl has a really odd wifi chip.

My repo on git hub (dee-UK) has all the kit kat kernel SDK required for 4.4.2 tablets. I'm promised an SDK for 4.4.4 next week

Guest darrellr

All seems to be there to build Jelly Bean kernel. If anyone wants to test they'll need to flash with an 'empty' boot.img too.

Wifi is BCM4334

Screen driver is MIPI via sd2828 and is called qc880. (The defconfig in the root is slightly different to the defconfig in the configs directory which uses the Aou A070PAN01 lcd driver)

Camera drivers are MT9T113 (3mp, ov3640 compatible?)  and BF3720 (1600x1200) .

It compiles fine and I've attached

kernel_hudl_jb_defconfig.zip

Edited by darrellr
added kernel image

Guest darrellr

Nice work - have you tried it in your hudl yet and Is it booting?

I don't have access to one currently.

I was looking for info on another Archos OEM and was surprised to see that no one had bothered to build KitKat for the Hudl

Guest duhovnik

Hey thanks you care, i appreciate you work on this ! 

I am not sure, if my statement is correct, but would this be a start for getting KittKatt or even Lollipop on the Tesco Hudl 1?

(i guess not, as i saw the new thread in here)

Edited by duhovnik
nonsensical post