Boot Animation?

Guest crusader58

Guest crusader58

Has anyone successfully changed the boot animation?, I downloaded a custom one but it just caused a boot loop (which I managed to get out of by frantically jabbing the power button).

EDIT:-

No longer matters, as I've figured out how to get it to work

Edited by crusader58

Guest crusader58

After successfully changing the bootanimation I thought I would download another that displayed in landscape orientation and filled the screen. My advice to anyone is DO NOT MESS WITH THE BOOT ANIMATION.

The animation I installed caused the hudl to go into a boot loop that I could not get out of. I wiped the Petition Cache, but this did not resolve it. Finally I was forced to do a Factory Reset, which although allowed me back into the hudl, also meant I lost ALL my apps and customisations and no longer had root. Upon the next reboot the bootanimation that had caused the boot loop was reevoked and I was again back to square one. Fortunately I had enabled the USB setting in Developer Options and was able to reflash Pauls rooted image after which I restored a titanium backup of my apps + system data, but this caused the System Settings to force close every time I attempted to use it. I wiped the dalvic cache, but this failed to resolve it....After much frustration and outbursts of explicit language cursing the gods of Android and the name of Google, I decided to do another Titanium restore but only of the System Data..this for some reason unknown to me solved the System Settings issue and everything now seems to be working as normal.

Save yourselves this grief, embrace the stock boot animation and bow to the Tesco gods....LOL

Edited by crusader58

Guest popoyaya

An animation in the wrong resolution or format can cause boot loops. But you managed to get it working ok in portrait mode? Please share the one you used and how you did it.

Guest crusader58

I'm afraid I lost the bookmark to the bootanimation that I used, but the procedure for installing a custom bootanimation is as follows

NOTE...REQUIRES THAT YOU ARE ROOTED

1. Download a bootanimation.zip of your choice

2. Using your File Explorer ( I use File Explorer Root ) Go to the System/Media folder and rename the bootanimation.zip to something like

bootanimation.bak

3. Copy your downloaded bootanimation file and paste it into the System/Media folder make sure you rename it to bootanimation.zip

4. Long press on the file and select permissions

5. set permissions as follows

..................Read.....Write.....Execute

Owner..........X........... X

Group...........X

Others..........X

Close the file explorer and reboot your hudl2

If all went well your custom boot animation should run

If all is not well then welcome to hell.

Edited by crusader58