Charging issues!!

Guest Usman

I just wanted to hear from other owners about their battery life. When i put my phone on charge( orange light) it seems to get to a point then stops charging (green light comes on). It must surely then start to discharge normally. I hear some people charged their phone battery for 16 hours the first time. I cant understand how that was possible if it stops itself from charging. It may be a fault in my phone.

funny you should say that

because when i got mine on wed..

i put it on charge and the green light came on and stayed on the went off after 30 secs, so i reread the getting started gauide to see if i miss read it..

but no it said an orange light should come on.

it the dawned on me that it my be fully chaged ( a brand new phone not out of the box??!!!!!hmmmm.)

i wonder if anyone else come across this???

plus my phone does not have an amber light only green when charging and it stay green all the time when charging and flashes all the other times???

kmon

P>S got it from directmobilephone who after telling me @ 10am 29/11/2002 they had none in stock,rang me back to tell me the had some and would i like one???

orange told me 3 days before these phones had been recalled because of a software problem??? is this one of them????

Strange i got mine on a wed too. I'm gonna ring up orange tommorow to see if my phone was one of the ones that should have been recalled. If not i will explain the problem to them and demand a new phone.!!

when I went to call round to get me hands on one of these phone ..same old same old every where "had no stock, two mail order houses told me that some of there stock had to go back dues to recall of the software.

afetr speaking to orange they where very reluctant to confirm tgis but did in the end....????!!! :!:

i just typed out a real big post, so i'll keepo this one short

i had awful battery life cuminating in a 6 hour day today, followed by a seriouse unrecoverable lockup because i turned the phone off when it said it was getting flat.

i charged it for about 15 mins then did a full reset, and the phone said it was fully charged,hmmmm

so i played a full movie HP1 in media player and it still had over half charge left!!!!! i will post longer term results but it seems to be that the hard reset has also reset the phones idea of battery state to a resonable level...

watch this space

Guest neuronisis

My SPV sits in the cradle at night on charge, or at least i think so. When placing it in the cradle it says it's charging but in the morning it's only got half battery power. It seems to me that when fully charged, that's it, all power stops going to the phone and it then begins to use what power it has to stay on. Strange............. :shock:

Guest neuronisis

I posted above earlier today about the problem i was having charging my phone whilst in the cradle. Well i've just had a look around the main power lead that goes in to the back of the craddle itself. The lead is in as far as it can go and still there is no little charging icon but when i press/fiddle with the lead the icon appears. Looks to me as though it could be a faulty craddle.

Is anyone else having this problem?

:D

Guest Danlance
The lead is in as far as it can go and still there is no little charging icon but when i press/fiddle with the lead the icon appears. Looks to me as though it could be a faulty craddle.

Is anyone else having this problem?

:D

I had this once... normally seems ok - and i think that although the lead appeared in all the way, it wasnt quite...

[glow=red:3a180cdd87][shadow=red:3a180cdd87]Rant[/shadow:3a180cdd87][/glow:3a180cdd87]

If you look hard enough you will see that it is in fact Amber when charging on the cradle. It isnt a drastic change in colour tone from the green though and could have been much easier to differentiate between the 2. I left mine on the cradle the other night and noticed that when fully charged, the light turned green and the screen came on.

I then presume the battery begins to discharge, until it detects it then needs some more juice to top up the battery.

I think this is also the reason people complain if the phone light coming on randomly. I dont think its a fault, im sure the phone is detecting the battery losing charge and topping it up. After all, Lithium Ion batteries have no memory like NiCd batteries, so can be charged at any time and wont lose future battery life.

Guest Shire29

Yep I've had the same problem.

Had to use the adapter thingy to charge me phone.

Strange things is I tried to charge it through the cradle the next day and it was working fine.

Weird but true......

Cheers, Shire