Battery life no improvement

Guest xanadu

My battery life is just the same after the UK update.

I still only have 1 bar left on the meter at the end of the day.

I thought the update was supposed to improve battery life ?

It certainly didn't for me :)

Guest Simon Desser

I was just thinking the bloody same!!! It stayed on 4 bars for a couple of hours longer than normal, :) and then 3 bars for a while, :? but then went to 2 and 1 very quickly! :cry: I'd say it was a little bit better, but nothing to write home about :?:

Now, whereas normally at the end of a day (taking phone off charge in morning - 6ish, and going to put it back on charge around midnight) with very little (if any) use, I only had two bars left at best - normally one!

After updating however, took my phone off charge last night (around midnightish) and barring a couple of brief (5minutes max) connections to my PC at work using sync-n-charge cable to copy some stuff back to my phone, sync it up and remove the simlock :twisted: it's not been "fed" any more today. Now I've used at least 15minutes of GPRS internet access today and made a 20 minute call and yet I still have 3 bars of battery left - all-explorer reports something like 62% battery left.

So, for me it does appear to have improved battery life. I'm gonna go without charging tonight and see how long into tomorrow (or even the day after) it'll last me.

Hax

My battery life is definitely better. I used to have two bars after a day, with the Power Management battery status at about 50%. Now I have 3 bars and the Power Management battery status at about 80%.

Definite improvement for me.

Solo

Guest Sp3ctre

i've found that there has been an improvement since i've stopped "playing" with my phone i.e. I just use it for phone, SMS, email. That made the biggest difference.. since the update it has got even better... stopped charging at 6pm and in the morning still 3 bars... used to be only 1.

Yup same here - not noticed any major change. Saying that though I've had good battery life for a while - lasting three days at a push (normally charge after two to be on the safe side).

Time will tell..

Ben.

Guest ivanmacx

My battery life is definitely better, particularly much better standby.

I leave it on overnight (not on the charger, that's in another room) to use the alarm in the morning and that used to leave me on 2 bars from full charge the night before. Now I have 4 bars.

I'd be very surprised if they could do much about battery drain from making calls, powering the screen and backlight, etc., but maybe they cut down the background processes or something to reduce the drain on standby.

I've noticed my backlight isn't randomly turning on in the middle of the night. Before last week, I could have read by that pesky light.

Also, pressing random buttons (e.g. in pocket) while in device lock doesn't seem to reactivate the screen any more, you have to press the unlock button.

It's improved for me about 30%

Guest Thurstan

My light does still come on when I press random buttons.

Perhaps it's something to do with me upgrading through the French workaround.

Now I'm at work and on Win2000 I'll try upgrading to the UK version and see if this makes a difference.

Guest pibrahim

It seems the battery life is only really improved for those who don't use the phone regularly, just the occasional call/SMS/etc.

I use it a lot for playing mp3s, etc., and can see no improvement whatsoever.

Guest spacemonkey
It seems the battery life is only really improved for those who don't use the phone regularly, just the occasional call/SMS/etc.

I use it a lot for playing mp3s, etc., and can see no improvement whatsoever.

Agreed, it's when the phone is sitting quietly that it has better battery life. On days when I'm playing gnuboy all the way on the tube (1.5hrs each way) the battery is flat as a pancake by midnight. On days when I don't play gnuboy the battery is half full by midnight.

But then, I never expected more than that. The point is if I'm away at the weekend, and I'm just gonna make a few calls/sms then I now don't need my charger which is a big gain.

Guest SPLATT!

I've been using the Danish update for a few weeks now and have installed the UK update. Listen to a lot of MP3's, etc. Big improvment in battery life.

However, I recently purchased Pocket Jonng, and whenever I run that, battery life drops through the floor. The app does not appear to close, just runs in the background, though as my phone is not decerted, cannot run the task manager to prove this. If I do a power cycle, things return to normal.

Guest Carnivor

Well, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my battery life. I noticed since my signal bar is around double of what it has ever been I assume that the phone isn't pumping as much power into the antenna. I havent charged my phone since monday night, left it on 24/7 listened to wma's for 1hr a day and made 5/6 calls and 5/6 sms's and i'm still on 2 bars. This is what I expected when I got it (reading the advertising bumf) and now at last I am happy

No, it is definitely better.

Before I applied the update, I got absolutely no signal in my flat (basement). Afterwards I can make phone calls and use the internet.

Guest Carnivor
Well, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my battery life. I noticed since my signal bar is around double of what it has ever been I assume that the phone isn't pumping as much power into the antenna. I havent charged my phone since monday night, left it on 24/7 listened to wma's for 1hr a day and made 5/6 calls and 5/6 sms's and i'm still on 2 bars. This is what I expected when I got it (reading the advertising bumf) and now at last I am happy

quoting myself ther but im still on 2 bars

Guest Mat-d-Rat

I would quote myself as a light user, however before the update I would be recharging every 24 hours.... since the update I've had it on for 48 hours (no charge) and still have 2 battery bars left (Is this a record!) I was playing games on it last night and also have been messing around with the home screen and texting.

Guest cepheus1

48 hours, still going strong and counting :!:

Over an hours worth of calls and general playing around with the phone as well :!:

Yep...very happy with the update :)

Guest frankwilliams

Before the update my battery life was very bad, since the update though it lasts at least four times as long and has cut my electricty bill in half.

My battery is still a complete and utter pile of *@#%!

3 Days standby - cobblers more like.

Am I the only person thinking of getting a phone with better battery life?

Even a couple of days would be good enough for me...