Danish Update: Now with letter count in sms

Guest Speedy

Guest Speedy

Hey all you danes out there.

Did you notice that when composing your sms they have added a letter count in the top left corner. jubiiiiii :) ;)

Great stuff from o, i must say i have regained some trust in them even though i took them way too long to do this.

How do i add words to the T9 dictionary, cant get i to work.

Ha det godt,

Anders

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Letter count? I can't see it? OK, I'm using my newly-DK-updated SPV in US English but surely it should be the same in all languages?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

It does indeed. Some versions for you:

Operator/Manufacturer/language: 1.3.6.24

Microsoft/File System: 3.0.13059.0

Was going to post these just as modaco crashed on me and hour or so ago :)

....but I'll be buggered if I can see a character count :?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Paul: I've just tried my SPV in Danish and US english, I'll be damned if I can see any character count anywhere.

Anyone else?

Guest KimMadsen

It does indeed have a counter in the form: xx/160

It only shows when the To field contains a phone number (ie. its a SMS, not an email)

best regards

Kim Madsen

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
It does indeed have a counter in the form: xx/160

It only shows when the To field contains a phone number (ie. its a SMS, not an email)

LOL

And NOT if you add a contact, no matter whether it's an SMS or email, i.e. if it says "[name] (SMS);"

MS think we should type the phone number every time, it seems. Uh-huh. Like none of us ever use our contacts to send SMS, do we?

What a flipping joke. A crap, hopeless and sub-Bernard Manning joke. Pathetic. :evil:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

An amazing oversight. I *never* use the phone number, always my contacts-list. I've checked and checked again, this looks like one for bug-track....

Guest KimMadsen

I think you overinterpret what I said.

I have no idea if it shows writing something else which is an SMS address, but I guess it does.

Chill. You are too negative... it cannot be healthy :)

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

What? When I've selected the contact from the "Add to:" option then it just says "New Message" in the top left. Too negative? I don't think so - there's nothing negative about commenting on a feature that doesn't work properly. The character-count only seems to show when a telephone number is typed manually in the To: line, that's a bug if you ask me.

Guest KimMadsen

I've also noticed several other things:

1) USB does not enable until the homescreen is shown. Ie. makes it impossible to decert the old way.

2) The phone certainly seems to be transmitting alot more powerful than before. When transmitting GPRS signals my wireless mouse behaves eratically... never done that before.

3) The GPRS autoconnects without manually activating any applications. That means that both the big and small G is shown.

4) Several accented letters are available in the T9 and abc input methods. Symbol list not changed.

5) Bootloader changed to 0.98. That means that its not possible selectively to load parts of a backup. Its all or nothing.

6) T9 works with both english and danish words automatically. Some english words seems to be missing (like query) though.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

A clarification is necessary here:

when a contact sends an SMS, their name (as per the contact-list) is listed in the "To:" line yet the character count works fine. It seems to be *only* when composing a new message using the contacts-list that the count isn't displayed.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yep, I can also confirm this.

Character Count definitely only works if you type the number in manually, what a joke!

AND, to top it all, the annoying BONG sound is still there in silent mode :)

P

Guest eibsen

Hmmm. Tried de-certing the new Danish update several times now - just doesn't want to do it. I see others noticed the difference in boot-up sequence as well, so that ActiveSync doesn't connect until after the homescreen is shown.

Tried copying the provxml-fil with AND without the 4211-line - same crappy result with both methods. :cry:

Tried with the phone in both DK and UK language mode - same result. :x

Anybody got any ideas on how to de-cert this freak of nature now? :?:

thx.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
"]Yep, I can also confirm this.

Character Count definitely only works if you type the number in manually, what a joke!

AND, to top it all, the annoying BONG sound is still there in silent mode :)

BUT, and it's a big "but", the T9 now remembers words over a power-cycle. Yes! Sweary-SMS ahoy, cap'n. About time too ;)

Guest Paul [MVP]

So the only way to de-cert will be with an IPSM backup.

How about,

Make a backup of the WinCE area of new update to SD

Install old DK update

Remove App Unlock

Restore WinCE area from SD

Voila!

Should work...

P

Guest ChrisL

Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but have the Danes got a second update...or did it just take them this log to realise that there was a counter :?: :roll:

Second, is there any way we can get this on our lowly UK fones? Would be cool...although I expect the answer will be no because it's in the ROM.

(Sorry, i feel like a retard, didnt even bother to read the earlier post bout Danish Update - DOH :shock: )

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

ChrisL: It's the second update we've had in Denmark. It would *not* necessarily be cool for you to have it as it looks like the unlock-process has been made infinitely more difficult.

Guest Vector

And a locked phone would be terrible, i'm having flash backs of having to pay for all my games and watching jumpy movies in windows media player and having loads of programs running in the background. aaahhhhh