Problems ?

Guest Vector

Guest Richie M

he he, you guys are obssesed.

I h8 it when the site goes during the day, i have to do some work until it comes back :D

I reckon night times the best to post cos Mono's fast asleep ;)

We could reek havoc overnight, imagine his face in the morning :)

Only joking, he's doing a great job - i even read a post today that he hadn't locked or moved :shock:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've been out of my office for the majority of today.

And looking at the timestamp here you arent safe at night either ;p

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yep, site is a bit bouncy atm!

Yet again we have outgrown our server hardware, we'll be moving to a bigger badder server at the end of the month :)

P

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Quad Xeon 2.80Ghz w/ HT, 3Gb mem, 320Gb Raid0 (i think?) SCSI hdd on an OC96 pipe.

Do us nicely don't ye think? :)

Guest SirGaz

Paul

You ever thought of archiving off some of the older and less helpful topics? May free up a lot of room on the server and also increase the probability that members can find what they want using the search facility

Guest Paul [MVP]

You offering Mono?

:)

P

PS Archiving off old irrelevant topics, could you IMAGINE the time it would take, to ensure nothing important is archived?!?

Guest SirGaz

I know it's a hassle (been through enough archiving projects in my time), but the benefits at the end would be huge. Quicker, more informative searches, less topics to trawl through, less server space needed, no need to migrate servers every month (I've only been a member for less than two months and I've seen the forum go through two server migrations). Unless you get free server space, this must be costing you a fortune!!