Any developers want to help with a ARM Keyboard Driver

Guest MISMan

Guest MISMan

I have found a keyboard that will work with the SPV - it has the right connector and is facing the right way, and is CHEAP (I can get them in quantity and sell them as well if it works - just for reference I can get them for $55 USD - Very CHEAP). The only problem I have is that the driver that ships with it does have an ARM version that DOES install on the phone just fine, but the application to actually enable the keyboard will not open. Are there any developers that are willing to have a look-see at it and see if there is an easy fix for it? If so, I would cut you in on the profits (though there will not be a lot of profit if I sell them for $55 USD) but if we sold 100-200 it would add up.

Regards,

Peter

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hmm where to move it too, hardware, software or development....

Development it is. Good luck getting it working :)

Any chance of a pic?

Guest spacemonkey

So, do you have source code or some kind of specification for the drivers/application?

I presume it's a pocket pc device of some sort or something?

If you have source I would be happy to have a look at it and see what I can figure out.

Guest florin_m

did ur phone was signed free :) ? or maybe u need to privilaged sign that thing (cause is using a hardware resurse ;) ).. Contact me and let me play with the software and see what i can do for ya :D

Guest revolution.cx

Is this going anywhere? If it's an actual driver there could be problems since it appears the SPV won't take new drivers without special certication from Orange.

The keyboard is likely a serial device so writing an app that stays hidden and routes the serial input to the active text field is a pretty straightforward proposition.