*** .: BRUSHED 2 :. skin *** The RETURN .....

Guest Jay-z2k

Guest Jay-z2k

??? I can't understand so much differences between two versions. Moreover, because mine works fine ... I can't fix the placement of the date. If anybody can do it for me ... you're welcome.

Thanks

Guest Richie M

Doh, just noticed why it didn't work properly on my phone; if you have your time format set to 12 hour (ie 9:99 PM in Regional Settings) it screws up the skin format.

So instead of downloading my version just reset your time format to 24Hr :)

Guest Thurstan

I like it - but it's a little bit dark for me. Sorry I don't mean to criticise - it's just that 'Brushed' has been my skin since the day you released it and even if I do try anything else I end up going straight back to it!

Guest Chic0

This is the best I've seen up to now. My previous favourite was Brushed but this one just takes it to the next level. Only thing is it's a shame the two sides dont move apart more smoothly but i suppose thats cause of the phone.

Anyway, nice one. Keep it up. :)

Guest drblow

Hi!

I downloaded the brushed 2 skin from the message list in here, but all I got was the .hme file, and then the uk update .xml - when I set the home screen to brushed2 there is no background image. Anybody got it, or tell me where I can download it?

Cheers.

Guest spacemonkey

copy the .hme file to your phone and then "run" it, like click on it in smart explorer. This will install the theme...

hme is like a cab file for homescreens

Guest spacemonkey

Hey, I don't do things the easy way :)

In fact, cos I'm at work I went for:

rename file as .wav

upload to my ftp site

download to my phone through gprs

rename wav to hme

click in smart explorer to install.

Guest drblow

Right! Send to device seems to work a treat!!

Cheers!

Anybody know of an xl editor that allows you to change things graphically instead of in code (like macromoedia dreamweaver)?

Guest fraser

If you are willing to pay for it, XML Spy is the dogs bollocks when it comes to XML. If you are just farting around with your SPV, it might be a bit overkill.

Guest yatpeak

Wow, that skin's great! I didn't much like the original brushed skin, but I love this one!

Also, if anyone wants to run a .hme file through the phone without an explorer program, You could probably just put it in the start directory.

Wyatt

Guest vadonald
If you are willing to pay for it, XML Spy is the dogs bollocks when it comes to XML. If you are just farting around with your SPV, it might be a bit overkill.

They gave a version of this away on the cover of PC Plus if anyones interested, don't know if it's this months or last months. Haven't had time to use it yet, though i have now got it installed

Cheers, Vinny

• 1 year later...
Guest Jerome!

I would like to insert the windows media home stop control funtion in the skin but I can't edit the file because it is a .hme file. Is there a way to convert it to xml??