When did this start working?

Guest Rob.P

Guest Rob.P

Hi all,

Moderators feel free to del this thread or merge it with another, but can someone tell me when Media Player 9 started working with the smartphone properly and I do mean properly.

I get a full reading on my SD card now, plus the ability to format it through WMP and I can compress and copy straight to device.

*EDIT* Just in case this a recent thing and it's not working for others this is what I got. Latest update for SPV (the one mainly for the keyboard drivers), latest updates for XP from windows update.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

This was picked up on the newsgroups earlier :lol:. Can't say i've ever used it though.

Apparently you can list and copy from/to your phone through WMP9 now.

Guest Rob.P

I have spotted the one in the newsgroups now. But yeah you have full functionality as it should have been from the start, even recognises and gives a moderately accurate reading on how much space you have on your SD card as well. Makes life easier for a quick RIP of a CD onto your SPV.

Guest Rob.P

Ahhhhh, I forgot about that little puppy, you could be right, anyone out there that hasn't got the Music Lounge app wanna try?

I got the impression that the update did some other v.minor tweaks besides the keyboard drivers, I could be wrong (if you spoke to my missus then I'm always wrong :lol: )

Guest Rob.P

That narrows it down a bit then, if you install the update with keyboard drivers and it works then we know what it is.

If you do though it will re-cert your phone, but I did OTA de-cert from the website and haven't had any probs since, didn't lose any data either.

Guest James

i really dont want to go throught all that again.... i have only ever had to de-cert my phone once and i was going to keep it that way.... i noticed people are having probs doing this through the website.. have not read through it though! you think i may get problems doing it?

Guest mrjuglas

It's not the music lounge app (I haven't got it)... I've just tried mine and it's working although it wasn't before, I suspect it is Windows Update unless it's the UK update we all had...

Guest mrjuglas

I just used it to copy an album and it caused my phone to hang when copying the last track... I've had to reboot, anyone else tried using it?

Guest James

i get:- 'An error occoued' 'The drive cannot locate a specific area or track on the disk' but i have noticed it keeps making a 'My Documents' folder in my smartphone root dir? how strange!

Guest James

i am using 2000pro... what you using? also what win updates have you installed as i cant get any for media player in win2000....says i am up to date.

weird! I was gonna d/load the keyboard update, but it looks like the O dev unlock site is down, not getting the page. Maybe they've taken it off the air due to user abuse ;) lol

bugger! Typical..the second I post that, the site goes back up! :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

A lot of people have been having difficulties recently with the dev website (re unlocking). The optomistic view would be they're updating/repairing it...(although it seems to be fine for me?)