Anyone had a broken SPV like this?

Guest PhilA

Guest PhilA

I went to use my SPV this evening, and saw that the display is not working properly (see attachment). It looks like a hardware fault with the screen to me, and fortunately I've got Orange Care, but I was just wondering if anyone elses SPV has displayed similar symptoms

brokenspv.JPG

Guest Firaas
I went to use my SPV this evening, and saw that the display is not working properly (see attachment). It looks like a hardware fault with the screen to me, and fortunately I've got Orange Care, but I was just wondering if anyone elses SPV has displayed similar symptoms

Never seen that before.

I take it you've tried a restart?

Guest tbrose

Wow, that doesn't look good! I was wondering what that "Orange Care" thing is? Is it some kind of insurance? I've never heard of a similar service in Denmark..... At least not by Orange.....

Guest Firaas
Wow, that doesn't look good! I was wondering what that "Orange Care" thing is? Is it some kind of insurance? I've never heard of a similar service in Denmark.....  At least not by Orange.....

Yeah insurance against loss, theft and accidental damage.

Costs £5/month on all phones except the Trium Mondo and the Nokia Communicator.

Guest PhilA

Just phoned Orange and they're sending a new handset out (no battery or accessories unfortunately), which will be delivered on Easter Sunday - that's pretty good service to me ;)

Guest PhilA
Have you ever hit the screen with anything?

'couse it looks a bit like when you press the screen of a calculator

No - that's the strange thing: It was sat on the mantlepiece this afternoon (and was fine when I put it there), but when I picked it up on my way out it was like this

Guest v_patel1

i sat on it and the day liquid crystal ozzed out, i gotta new one the other day off orange care, sory bout the post befoe this if sounded a lil bent

Guest PhilA

I phoned up tonight at 10:00pm, and they could have delivered it tomorrow (saturday) evening, but it wasn't convenient for me so I went for a Sunday am delivery

Guest Coolboy1982
Wow, that doesn't look good! I was wondering what that "Orange Care" thing is? Is it some kind of insurance? I've never heard of a similar service in Denmark.....  At least not by Orange.....

Aparently Orange don't offer Care in Denmark unfortunately!

I have seen faults like that before on laptops, the issue is either the connector (Or pcb tracks) to the screen, or the connections within the screen electronics. The physical screen itself is fine, it's just that it is not getting all the signals to activate the whole display.

If it was left in direct sunlight or above a heat source (Like a fire or radiator on full), the heat can cause this kind of damage.

Something to watch out for.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Ahh, nice... £5/month isn't much for a guy with slippery fingers like me ;)

...but you reckon Orange DK will *ever* introduce anything like Orange Care over here? Not a chance. Why should they? It's not as if TDC/Telia et al offer anything similar, even with their business packages.

Guest jjwerrett

hiya i am 17 and got a SPV from Ebay from a user it came it excellent condition the problem is that it seems to of gone dark on the screen which i think is where i sat on it etc. the problem is that it on O2 as mb is unlock so will orange replace just the handset as i dont think they would give me a free one to replace or would they as surely they would need details etc

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Actually Chris b.a.r.f., TDC do offer a similar product! It costs 50 kr/month... They've been offering this for a couple of years...

*how* similar to Orange Care? Courier delivery of a replacement phone to your door next day? You got a link? Could be handy, we're about to go buying new mobiles for the company...

Guest awarner [MVP]
the problem is that it on O2 as mb is  unlock so will orange replace just the handset as i dont think they would give me a free one to replace or would they as surely they would need details etc

The problem is that as you bought this phone off of ebay chances are

you do not have any warranty cover ;)