Anyone had a broken SPV like this?

Guest PhilA

Looks like a slightly less dramtic break than mine. Basically, I had the phone in it's leather case whilst at work. I was up some ladders and lost centre of gravity only slightly and moved onto the ladders but the touching point was the phone ;)

I immediately took it out and checked it (its not like I weigh loads, but thought I best check) and sure enough the screen was completely screwed. There were 4/5 lines going diagnally on the screen which rendered it virtually useless! I did, however, manage to send a text typing t9 words from memory and sending it to my girlfirend basically telling her that the phone was broken and for her not to text me. Try it, see how hard it is trying to remember the exact position (in t9 dictionary) of all the words you need!!!

Orange replaced the phone within 24 hours, basically the only time I've been impressed with them!

Guest PhilA

Orange were as good as their word, and a new SPV was delivered to me this morning. Unfortunately, they sent me a faulty one ;)

The SD Card wont fit into the slot - the blank card goes in and out properly, but the supplied SD card gets stuck about 1/2 way in, and any attempts to push it in cause the phone to power off (sounds like a mis-aligned circuit board to me). So, it was back on to Orange (the Girl / Woman on the phone was really sympathetic and helpful), and they're sending another on out for delivery tomorrow morning. Doesn't say much for O's quality control though..........

Not sure if you are all aware of this, my friend certainly wasn't... :cry:

Orange Care apparently doesn't cover accidental damage caused if you wear your phone in a top pocket. It isn't considered safe enough!!! I know that the SPV is probably too large to wear in a top pocket but it's worth considering.

Having paid for Orange Care for 3 years, my friend has had to buy a new Samsung... His phone fell out the top pocket and was run over by a car, it then fell down a drain, sounds unbelievable I know, but if that isn't accidental damage then I don't know what is... :?

Morel of the story...don't tell Orange it was in your top pocket :wink:

Guest jjwerrett

is there any1 in this forum who can be kind enough to order me a new spv well using there orange care thing since mine from ebay then and i cant do it i be happy enough to send my spv to you in exchange for the new one from orange my spv works etc just the screen is a little darker not white background where i touched the lcd wen cleaning it and got like black marks on the screen which weirdly only show when the backlight is on

Guest emporerbadass

I had exactly the same problem, sat on mine and the screen was completely dead, the only thing i could see were lines and the backlight. Getting a replacement later tho.

Guest awarner [MVP]
is there any1 in this forum who can be kind enough to order me a new spv well using there orange care thing since mine from ebay then and i cant do it i be happy enough to send my spv to you in exchange for the new one from orange my spv works etc just the screen is a little darker not white background where i touched the lcd wen cleaning it and got like black marks on the screen which weirdly only show when the backlight is on

So you want to ask someone to commit fraud?? not on this site unless

someone is really stupid enough ;)

Orange keep count on how many replacement phones you have :roll:

Guest PhilA
Not sure if you are all aware of this, my friend certainly wasn't...  :cry: 

Orange Care apparently doesn't cover accidental damage caused if you wear your phone in a top pocket. It isn't considered safe enough!!! I know that the SPV is probably too  large to wear in a top pocket but it's worth considering. 

Having paid for Orange Care for 3 years, my friend has had to buy a new Samsung... His phone fell out the top pocket and was run over by a car, it then fell down a drain, sounds unbelievable I know, but if that isn't accidental damage then I don't know what is...  :? 

Morel of the story...don't tell Orange it was in your top pocket  :wink:

Is there a specific exclusion covering top pockets, or is it a general getout for not looking after it properly? I broke a T68i last year because I had it in my trouser pocket and walked into a door frame (don't ask ;) ), which broke the joystick. I phoned them up and they sent me a new one out straight away (they even managed to avoid laughing at me!)

Guest awarner [MVP]
LoL  ;) No they dont, I rang up last night to get another replacement and the woman on the end of the line had no idea that I had a previous replacement.  That could say something about O tho :roll:

This has been posted about numerous times including ex Orange

employees. Just because the operator you spoke to did not have the

relevent information infront of her does not mean they don't have

log of returns.

They have details of telephone calls you make, courier invoices etc

the list goes on.

Guest fraser

Yes they probably, but it doesn't automatically mean that they will check them. You'd need to ask the Orange Care courier...if the box is addressed to you, then they are tracking it, but if you just get one of several he/she has in the van, then they can't.

Guest jjwerrett

i not asking for a new one i just saying if someone could i be happy to give my old spv and some cash for it for there free replacement o and for the log of how many they give out they wont really care bout it since orange have a hell of alot of spare spv around i should no i used to work at carephone warehouse and we had loads of spare spv's that dont even sell and gotta be sent back !!spv are expensive so they dont sell loads just look on the web for review saying that they didnt hope to sell as much they though they do so now they have put the price down hugely.

Guest mashkhan
Orange Care apparently doesn't cover accidental damage caused if you wear your phone in a top pocket. It isn't considered safe enough!!! I know that the SPV is probably too large to wear in a top pocket but it's worth considering

Strange, I phoned Orange on Saturday telling them I'd knackered my phone by it falling out of top shirt pocket. I had a new one sent the next day. Maybe I was lucky 8)

One thing though, I must of been on the phone for a least half an hour explaining how I accidentally damaged my phone, how it impacted on the pavement, where/when the incident occured. Needless to say the operator on the other side was very thorough!

Guest awarner [MVP]
i not asking for a new one i just saying if someone could i be happy to give my old spv and some cash for it for there free replacement
And in doing so you are commiting fraud :roll:

o and for the log of how many they give out they wont really care bout it since orange have a hell of alot of spare spv around i should no i used to work at carephone warehouse and we had loads of spare spv's that dont even sell and gotta be sent back

Orange won't really care???

spv are expensive so they dont sell loads just look on the web for review saying that they didnt hope to sell as much they though they do so now they have put the price down hugely.

I have never thought of them as expensive, and on certain contracts they are free, so how can that be expensive? Show me another phone that has similar features for cheaper :roll:

Guest Richie M
they wont really care bout it since orange have a hell of alot of spare spv around i should no i used to work at carephone warehouse and we had loads of spare spv's that dont even sell and gotta be sent back

he he i think there's abit of difference between CPW sending back 100 unsold SPV's and someone who brought a dodgy off E-Bay sending it back. as your phone hsn't been brought from a reputable dealer there is no guarantee that it's not stolen or "lost" therefore the IMEI number will be logged and as soon as any Orange depot recieves the phone that is the first thing they check.

I'd be very surprised if you'll get anyone to take up your "kind" offer or touch your phone even with asbestos gloves on :twisted:

Just out of interest why don't you work for CPW anymore? Not anything to do with there surpless phone no-one cares about i hope :evil:

Guest jjwerrett

i quit the CPW IT area cause it was pretty boring fixing phones for a living i am now at HP computering IT and working up to the mananger IT department. o yea i got a new spv woo hoo well 2 brand new ones from work for 100 pounds i also got for half price the well to me NEW since i never had one a hp iPAQ Pocket PC model h5450 god they pretty smart devices cant wait till u can get a mobile version of this k u can now but not this powerfull o yea i was thinking since grand theft auto is now free for download from rockstar themselves if i would be able to change the 8bit version of the game engine to work on the spv or for people who have pda devices etc for the more 206/400 mhz ones can this be possible as i notice for spv games are getting more decent in graphics for a mobile

Guest FrankyG
Could you get HP to send you on a punctuation course? Do you realise how difficult your posts are to read?

LOL, that was damn funny! you just said what I was thinking-I actually stopped reading after 1 1/2 lines-yes I have a very short atten....

FrankyG