Smart Explorer 1.0b4 (improved ZIP support)

Guest jacoch

Guest jacoch

This new version adds the following features:

- A bug has been fixed when zipping files. If an error was displayed (file locked for example), the focus was not given back to the zip progress dialog. It was then impossible to cancel the process.

- Send by IR function has been improved.

- An icon has been added to the system for ZIP files.

- SmartExplorer is registered in the system to handle ZIP files. It's now possible to unzip a file attached to an email or on a web page.

- New function 'Zip to...' has been added. It allows you to choose the destination folder before unzipping the content.

Download it here

Guest MoRFLeZ

Installed the latest Smart Explorer.

I choose a mpeg file, select it and zip it using compression 9! It's the same size as before zipping it!?

I choose the same file and zip it using compression 5. It's still not any smaller.

Now did I miss a point here!? Did you 'just' add zip support to be able to handle zip files. And is it not spose to be a smaller file!?

Also, I don't get an icon for zip files... :cry:

Guest MoRFLeZ

Hmm also, after having installed the update, the icons for all my programs in the Start Menu, are just 'default' lil white/blue squares. Instead of their 'custom' icons...

Now there must be an easy way to fix this!?

Edited: Nevermind - it cleared itself up. Went into Task Manger and quit all programs - and the programs menu looked perfect *ponder*

Guest caio1

@morflez

About compression ratio I think that mpg file are already compressed.

Try to zip the same mpg on your pc to see if there's a different result.

Caio

Guest MoRFLeZ

Aahhh now that makes sense *feels quite stOpid*

There wasn't much of a differ, when I zipped it on my PC either!

Oh well! Now just one thing to go ... why don't I see zip icons!? *eck*

Guest jacoch

You're right. There was a mistake in my setup. I've updated it on the web site (april 27th @ 21:48 ). If you don't have zip icons in the view or in your emails, please redownload installer. Sorry for the trouble.

Guest jbyte

Just downloaded the beta 4 release. I'm going to evaluate today the added features of this great software especially the IR functions. I will post later any suggestions for the betterment of this software. Keep up the good work Jacoch. The people here in the Philippines who has SPVx are really greatfull with your contribution to IT. You are becomming very familiar here. God bless you!

Guest badboy4life

Great piece of software, don't know how i lived without it.

I'm having a problem when i select a zipped file from a web-site it just says 'this file cannot be viewed on this device', I thought this new version allowed the file to be opened from the web?

Guest HelloDave

Dumb question, but how do you register SmartExplorer? I can't seem to get the cursor into the "Owner Name" box, so it keeps saying "invalid serial number". Am I missing something?! :oops:

I'm sure I saw this question somewhere else, but I can't find it now!

Guest Simon Desser

Yeah, you need to put your name and email address in the phone under "Settings" and then "Owner Information" (nothing to do with Smart Explorer) then when you put the code in Smart Explorer it should work.

I was compressing a BMP and ended up with a zip same size (or even a wee bit bigger) as the BMP or 2 BMPs. Also tried it with XML files and both times used compression 5 and then 9. Am using v1.0b4

Guest method-man

Any of you guys or girls seen this before ?

when trying to install smart explorer on my SPV gives me a message :-

Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it doesnt have adequate system permissions please contact your service provider for more info

Any ideas ?

Guest method-man

No i have never heard of that before

i have the old version of smart explorer installed allready

and have no ability to uninstall ity using addremove

i also have managed to install interstellar flames & hexacto tennis with no issues ?

Guest method-man

i have managed to unlock my phone after digging around for a while, and it still wont let me install it ?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Have you certification-unlocked or sim-unlocked your phone? ;)

www.developers.orange.com then "Working with Orange" to do this...

Guest method-man

i have unlocked my phone using the orange website which then tells me i have unlocked my phone, when i then try to install an unsigned cab file it says it cannot because it is unsigned ?

Guest EmpzB

I have a problem sending files over IR. I was trying to send a picture (.jpg or .jpeg) to a nokia 7210. I alinged the IR and pressed send. At the top it said sending but on status it said sending cancelled and on the percentage complete it had 18% on the first pic, 24% on the 2nd pic and 14% on the 3rd pic. Anyone had this problem? How did you fix it?

Guest awarner [MVP]
i have the old version of smart explorer installed allready  

i also have managed to install interstellar flames & hexacto tennis with no issues ?

You are the third person to have this problem :?

Try installing other non-certed apps if you find that they will not install

either but non-certed apps you already have on the phone still work,

then a hard reset may be in order ;)

Guest Machineman

I don't know if you tried also an other way of unlocking but I got a hint in the software/software unlock spv discussion. I also have problems with uncertified progs.

I will see tonight if it works! :wink:

Guest madu

So how does ZIPping files work for you guys?? For me it just puts many files in one making it possible to email easily, but no compression whatsoever (o'course not on audio/video files)....