Smart Explorer 1.0b4 (improved ZIP support)

Guest jacoch

Guest method-man

i have tried uncertified apps and found my SPV still thinks its locked allthough i have unlocked it several times, i have also turned the phone off and on to no avail !

Guest jacoch
So how does ZIPping files work for you guys?? For me it just puts many files in one making it possible to email easily, but no compression whatsoever (o'course not on audio/video files)....

Sorry, my mistake. I'm giving the compression level to the function that do the job, but forgot to set the flag to use it. So nothing happens and the files are just packed together. New beta 5 will comes out soon and fix this problem.

Regarding decert, I have received a lot of emails. Most of users have uncert and installed successfully my apps. Only 2 users are still facing problems although their SPV should be unlocked. We have not been able to find why. It seems that manual unlocking is safer. But to avoid moderators locking, please post further questions about unlocking on the related topic.

Regarding IR transfer to Nokia phones, I'm actually searching what happens. With my old 8310, I've had several troubles to send vCards because the Nokia was sending cancel command during the transfer. I will try to improve this function in next version.

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Guest method-man

Guys i am a fool - after searching for unlocking on the forums i found out how to check my ROM version

Which is on the old ROM ?

So after all that i think its due to the fact i havent updated the rom

will let you know

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Should be fine.

The latest UK ROM is 1.3.5.7 (if you have the keyboard update), or 1.3.5.6 without.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madu

SUGGESTION:

- Include list of Favourite Folders. That would make going to following folder SOOO much easier: "IPSMWindowsStart Menu", "IPSMAppDataHome" and MANY more! Maybe use [8] as shortcut for favourites or something?

- Use [5] for Properties or Rename??

Guest fozzie

I've been trying to use the Send by IR function without any success. The sending SPV completes ok but the receiving SPV gets stuck on 'receiving file', even though it shows it has received the full file length. The only option I have is to then cancel the operation.

Anyone any ideas please?

Guest chauhan_vijay

hi all

im a new user of the spv and am looking to intall the task manager and smart explorer, ive downloaded the cab files and put them onto the storage card! what do i do next?

thanks

PS these are shareware versions where can i get the full apps or the reg codes for them?

Guest smartman

Welcome Chauhan, where did you put the CAB files? normally I put them in IPSM/windows/startmenu/applications via activesync then using your spv use programs list goto applications folder and your cabs should be there just highlight the cabfile press centre action key and it should then start to install the cabfile to your SPV keep an eye on your phone when installing cos it will ask where you want to install the application eg. phone or storage card (select storage card) and it should when finished doing its stuff say installation complete then just check your programs list and it should there.

by the way this assumes you have unlocked your phone !!!

these files are shareware but unlimited you just get a nag screen every so often to register just cancel on registering and they should be okay to continue use.

Guest chauhan_vijay

its vijay, chauhan is my surname, confuses many!

i put them into the accessories folder and tried to install them and realised that my fone is yet to b unlocked! I did it but havent recieved the unlocking message from Orange as of yet!

Do i need to decertify as well? How would I do this?

Are the above two required for all 3rd party software installations?

Cheers

Vijay

Guest smartman

oops!! sorry vijay if you're phone is not yet unlocked try this link http://www.developers.orange.com/workingwi...3/04/Unlocking/ and follow the instructions, note.. you do not have to re-lock your phone. when unlocked you should be able to load the cab files as mentioned in my earlier post.. by the way it might be as well to edit your name to vijay_chauhan but it's up to you :)

note. unlocking will allow all apps to work including 3rd party apps cos these are the ones that are mostly unsigned. hope this helps..

Guest fozzie

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to successfully transfer files by IR, between SPVs? I still have the problem mentioned above. I've tried different file types, different locations etc. etc. but no joy.

Guest jacoch
Can anyone confirm if they have been able to successfully transfer files by IR, between SPVs?  I still have the problem mentioned above.  I've tried different file types, different locations etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm working on Smart Explorer. A new version should be available soon (probably end of the week-end). I've found some problems when transfering files between two SPVs, especially with small files. Sorry for the troubles.

• 1 month later...

elizamft,

you shouldn't cross post mate as this can cause annoyance.

You will find your questions answered on the forum very quickly without having to post the same question in different threads. :)

davy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jacoch
Hi again!

can you tell me if its possible to translate your program? :)

Task Manager and Smart Explorer are both available in french and english. German is actually being translated and should be available soon. Which language are you interested in?

Guest fozzie

I have just tried unzipping some zip files directly from a received email but am getting an error message about certain libraries & files not being found. I am sure I used to be able to do this with SmartExplorer. I've tried re-installing but get the same error.

Anybody else with this problem or able to offer some advice?

Thanks.