What you looking at?!?

Guest siu99spj

Guest siu99spj

Learn something every day eh? :?

How about the fact that Rolls Royce, 'an innovator in technology', uses some 1970's based network technology to monitor their engines? :shock:

Its ARGHNet ;), sorry thats meant to be ARCNet:twisted:, truly the worst proprietary networking protocol I've ever had to handle.

So now you've learnt something on this miserable May 1st (Assuming we don't include gradiation's learning of not eating yellow snow:lol:).

Guest SirGaz

I have a friend who used to work for the MoD in a secret bunker in London somewhere. They had (I assume still do) a policy whereby each person was given a syringe contact anti nerve toxins.

Well, my friend is diabetic and used to have endless fun pulling out a syringe and injecting himself whilst pretending to be short of breath or something similar. Appartently it didn't go down too well with his boses but the looks on the other peoples faces was allegedly worth it. ;) :)

Guest Mr_Protozoa

From my windows I can see.....

The house opposite where the prostitutes run their 'business'

A group of dodgey looking kids (hoodies and caps at the same time!)

An random disgarded oven (with 4 ring hob and grill)

A wide variety of litter

My overflowing wheely bin

Next doors cat

Will post images when I get home.

Guest siu99spj

Well, would post pic of outside view but no camera and not in again 'til Tuesday :mrgreen:

Anyhow, you do get to see the joy :shock: of me and office. I might just add that I was caught somewhat unawares with my friends SPV (He hasn't even unlocked :shock: ) but avert your eyes unless you really want to look upon the disaster that is me :twisted: . As my Gran said, 'They broke the mould with you dear' :?

simon.jpg

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

My study is on the top floor of our (Large) three-story Victorian semi'. The house lies about 400 yards from the beach at the north side of Weston-Super-Mare - 150 of those yards are up a steep hill. So, the view is a fine one the Bristol Channel, stretching across to Cardiff Bay in one direction, and (with the assistance of a telescope!) I can see Minehead off to the left. As The Bristol Channel/Severn Estuary has the second highest tidal race in the world, after Fundy Bay (think Seattle, USA) at about 14.5 metres between high and low tides... it's quite a changeable view. Kind of fun to keep a pair of binoculars by my desk and watch the "floating carparks" as they round Step Holm (an island) on their way deliver cars to and from Portbury Docks - hidden from sight by the hill. I wish I lived just a little higher - maybe another 100 yards up the hill! THEIR views are even better!

Guest foxy11
to my left, evryone else who works here  :)  :D , to my right (out the window) the roof of Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, and behind that some dodgy 1960"s tower blocks that some muppet on the council decided should be listed buildings, so they cant blow them up - nice  :(

in the distance - the exact area nige is talking about. Out of the window, my garden. will take a pic if i can be bothered in a min