SARS puts Mio 8380 launch on ice

Guest sebset

Guest sebset

I found this sad news on: http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3522.html

SARS puts Mio 8380 launch on ice

By: Jørgen Sundgot, Friday 2nd May 2003, 11:15 GMT

Originally slated for introduction in the second quarter of 2003, the launch of Taiwan-based MiTAC's Mio 8380 smartphone has now been postponed indefinitely due to the outbreak of SARS in the Asian region. A company spokeswoman said there are no current indications on when MiTAC will be able to launch the Mio 8380, which was to be introduced officially at the Computex Taipei fair in early June (also postponed due to SARS).

:cry:

Guest spacemonkey

crap...

still, from my point of view, I probably won't be upgrading till the end of the year and I'm sure they'll get it out by then...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It's running SP2002 too. I'm hoping that by the time my contract expires at Xmas there will be SP2003 devices available...

Guest smartphone-web.com

I think - we will not see any SP2003 devices! That is way they call this OS "SP next generation". :wink: Because it is coming 2004.

Guest midnight

it will happen in 2003, but, maybe only in pocketpc phone edition, we'll see, cant speculate too much, but the chances arethat the spv will be upgraded to 2003 before the launch of any 2003 specific phones (so long as O do us a favour)