Anyone got too much memory available on the SPV

Guest Cent

Anyone who has too much memory available on the SPV please hand it over to me. I installed most of the apps for the SPV on the memory card because I know I would have space problems otherwise. However not so with ALL-Locations GPRS :

I received an error trying to enable the product on the SPV. Upon getting this problem I contacted All-Locations ... here is their reply :

--- SNIP ---

Dear sir,

This error probably means you have installed our application onto the

SD-card. Unfortunately this is unsupported.

Please install our application into the SmartPhone's internal memory to

fix your problem.

Kind Regards,

--- SNIP ---

As much as I understand that its nice to have ur apps on all the phones .. the developers should have considered this when developing. If more developers do this then there is no space to run any apps.

And yes they could ensure that the application only starts up if the card is actually present. Afterall the data is kept on the SPV anyhow. They could keep a mini app with a few bytes on the SPV to ensure and handle this scenario. Being a developer myself I can only say :

In development there is always a way to implement anything ... its only cost and time that matters !

Guest spacemonkey

I can appreciate your point but I think for an application such as GPRS counter which to get valid statistics it needs to be always available on the phone. So the benefit of allowing it to be on SD Card seems outweighed by the downside of users complaining because it's stats where wrong because they removed their card for half a day.

Yes they could have left that decision up to you the user but a lot of users aren't technically minded enough to appreciate the difference.

For other apps though I would completely agree with you that only data should be stored in the phones main memory as this is a valuable resource.

Still depends on the size of the application that does this. I understand the user is not as technically minded ... but then I am technically minded and I dont understand why the application gives me the option to install to SD or PHONE and then refuses to work without reasons given. If there is an option presented to the user then this option should also be available. If I am technically minded then I may want to choose to install to the SD card rather than using valueable resources.

And if I am not technically minded a simple dialog "Are you sure .. " would take care of the consideration.

Yessss indeedy i have way too much memory!!! Got my 128mb sd card yesterday - woohoohoo!!! Cant help thinkin tho with the certification issues i might have gone a little overboard hehe :D

Yessss indeedy i have way too much memory!!! Got my 128mb sd card yesterday - woohoohoo!!! Cant help thinkin tho with the certification issues i might have gone a little overboard hehe  :D

I just bought a brand new 256mb SD card for £89.00 :( Hope i can fill it!