Quake or Unreal availeble for SM ?

Guest Machineman

Guest SirGaz

Spacemonkey, what it that on your new avatar?

I understand Quake is under development but I doubt that the likes of Unreal could be possible on our little beauty. It just ain't powerful enough for that, and the screen is a little small so the resolution would be rubbish compared with that on the PC. Not to mention the additional keys required for true 3D gaming (rather than the 2D environment of Doom).

Guest Tyler_Durden

i would rather have Wolfenstein 3D (the original) ported !!

its a simple game with bright screens that is much more friendly on the eyes, cause a lot of times i just find Doom too dark (ie. to hard to see) on my SPV.

Any word on this game ?

Guest Machineman

The file doom on monolithix site works to DL but.....

It is only the exe file if i start that on mij phone it gives the warning of a missing file.

Is it me or is that true?

Guest yarod_g14

Does anyone know if the doomSPV will run the full Doom wad or Doom2 wad? Ive tried both and cant get past the demo/intro screen?

i think duke nukem 3d is a possibility. The source got released a while back but since it lacks vertical auto aiming a joystick would be essential 8)

Guest Gorskar

Aparently Duke3D is not such an easy proposition, as although the scource is released it is the DOS version, and there is a lot of assembler code in it, which makes it extremly difficult to port to the Smartphone. Most of the ports you see so far have had an easier starting point, ie from PocketPC or windows CE, which are a lot more similar.

Guest awarner [MVP]
i have created a cab file for the installation.. find it at www.spvdd.co.uk in the games section!

Nice to see you have credited MBoden on your site for making Doom

possible :evil: subtle hint :)

Guest Machineman

The doom works well but start not always at once.

Is it too big in mem 4 the phone or is it becouse I run it from my storage card?

It is also very slow. How can I speed it up?

The rest is great, graphics are cooooolllll did not expect to see this on my phone :) !!!

Any Idea when the sound is availble?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Download the Exp version of Doom Machineman, no debugging so it runs and loads a lot faster. Memory is also the problem fir it crashing out.

I have the exp version on my site, or just take a look at MBodens personal DoomSP page.