Best internet browser...?

Guest Vector

Guest hanhha2000

IE is pretty good at doing all everything, especially if you load all the plugins. The problem is that the more windows you open, the slower your PC will run.

Opera is a very good alternative if you do not want to use IE. Its built in download wizard and various other plugins are really cool. But it is adware so expect to see some ads running in the background.

Mozilla is still available somewhere, but all in all IE is possibly the best.

Guest Vector

Yeah, i have ie but was wondering if there was anything better. I like the sound of opera but the adware puts me off that. What plugins are there for IE 6 ?

Guest ClintEastman
I think i'll stick with internet explorer 6 SP1 :wink:

Build 6 of SP2 is doing the rounds if you want to be ultra up to date!

Guest youngerpants

How do you spell "bloatware" - - - M-O-Z-I-L-L-A

For a company with their hearts (well, their wallets) in OSS, they do seem to have taken that idea off microsoft

although... I cant talk, I use Moz for my email client

Guest vadonald

I've started using Mozilla instead of IE6, cos IE 6 was kept crashing or stopped responding. I've also started using Directory Opus instead of Windows Explorer, because WIndows Explorer is so slow.

I have also now done this at work as well as at home, maybe I should just ditch windows and install Linux instead, don't think our I.T. dept will like that idea though.

And as Monolithix says

Tabbed browsing rocks
:)

Vinny

Guest youngerpants

I agree with you Richie, however, Outlook Express doesnt have anti-spam built in, which is why I use Moz Mail. I still use IE for browsing (as it does the job). I even refuse to install WinZip on my Laptop as its running windows XP and has zip functionality built in. My other boxes run linux, so its not an issue there