SPV Carkits, do you have one, would you buy one? WHY!!!

Guest Will

Guest Will

Apart from a lack of response from ORA, with regards to the spv carkit..

(all i got was the promise of a wiring/installing diagram which has never arrived). And confirmation that it works with the spv and tanager.

I was waiting to hear from someone who actually has SEEN/USED one of these kits, before purchase. No reviews are a bad thing in my book.. I always research a new purchase, so I know what I am buying

Then i see coolsmartphone have recieved a kit..

On reading the review of the full carkit (£150.00) I'm still in a state of shock.. NO cellular mute function!!

So our 'state of the art' phone is destined to sit in a cradle and we have to put up with a SINGLE speaker mouted on the dashboard...

Who are they trying to kid? the phone is 'designed' to appeal to professional people.. I'm sorry but my nokia kit was far better!! all that is visible to the driver is the phone in a small cradle.

I'd be the first to purchase one of these kits, if it contained the 'usual' features I expect.. even though I may only have the phone for 12 months, but with the 'basic' spec available, I'll make do with a SYNC N CHARGE, and the earphones..

Any Comments?

Will

Sorry for the length of this post, but I'm NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Guest awarner [MVP]

Looks like the car kit came from some doddgy bloke down the market.

It's just like a Nokia car kit from the early 90's

From looking at the review it looks like all they have done is to mod an existing budget

carkit and slap £150 price on it :?

Cables should be hidden not draped about all over the place, one word for this kit CHEAP and nasty.

:oops: that's three words but close :)

So you can decide for yourself http://www.coolsmartphone.com/full-ck-rev.htm

Guest lucky

Ive just been messing about with several wiring diagrams, some spv plug connectors and some flex.

Everything is there to make fully fledged proper carkits.

- plug the connector into the handset and the phone switches to car or speakerphone depending on how i rigged it.

- the phone starts charging

- audio is in stereo through the cars audio system.

- microphone can be through an installed mic in car mode or the phones mic in speakerphone.

- what really rocks is you have an instant mp3 jukebox, and it mutes when there is an incoming call.

I really dont understand why they are charging so much for their carkits and why they are so crap.

I could be knocking them out at quite a reasonable price if i thought there was demand. 8)

Guest Will

lucky, i'd certainly be interested, i was modding a nokia kit, but could not get the mute*ground to work properly?

If you get all the functionality going, let me know plz:)

Will

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tha Cleanert

Yeah why should you by a carkit when the phone has a handsfree function AND an earset :roll: ??? A charger whould be very nice and I think that's all I need for the use in the car...I noticed that there is a carcharger specially for the SPV but I think I can use a Nokia carcharger...It's much cheaper, but I don't know if it will work :? Somebody any experience with it??

Guest Tha Cleanert

Ow is that true? I'm from the Netherlands and I thought that a headset was enough :? ...I'll have to have a look at the rules of the police over here, before I get a ticket for not callin' handsfree :x ...It'll cost me as much as the carkit for the SPV, so maybe it's smart to by one...But just for my information: can I use a Nokia carcharger on my SPV?