Latest news on Next orange smartphone

Guest theodotcom

Guest theodotcom

This is the latest news ive heard from orange: Orange are not going to have the the smartphone series 2 (spv x) on their network, instead around xmas time which will be about a year since spv's release they are going to release smartphone series 3, main difference: BUILT IN CAMERA!

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Guest Vector

Yeh, the built in camera does sound cool, and even better, my contract ends around xmas time, i think i know what my xmas present might be.... :)

Guest amo

Tanager must be released on orange, why else would they be so desperate to shift stock levels of spv's by putting them on payg for 200 nicker?!

Guest sebset
This is the latest news ive heard from orange: Orange are not going to have the the smartphone series 2 (spv x) on their network, instead around xmas time which will be about a year since spv's release they are going to release smartphone series 3, main difference: BUILT IN CAMERA!  

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

This is true. The new SPV with integrated camera will be unveiled this Autumn.

This will be the Asus AGP-600 perhaps.

I dont think it will be the Asus phone, Personally i think orange will chose a smartphone from a more experienced mobile company. After the problems theyve had wit hthe spv the last thing they will want is the same happening again!

Guest midnight

the chances are.. (if this is indeed true, but i agree with amo, the spv's are being shifted pretty quickly currently, free on contract and now available on payg, and i know shed loads of places are now selling out of the things) anyway, chances are, its will be a variation of the tanager, if it was the asus, it would not be called SPV simple as that. and it does say main difference is the built in camera, if it was the asus, the main difference(s) would be smartphone2003, 200mhz processor, flip phone design, built in camera etc.

Guest Chic0

I cant wait for the next Microsoft Smartphone to come out!

Is it true though that Orange have changed their upgrading policy? I mean it used to be that after 12months on contract you could upgrade your phone for free and just pay for the price of the handset. But my mate reckons that Orange have changed this to 18 months. Is this true?

Upgrades vary between 7 and 18 months now on orange depending on what kind of user you are, only very low users are restricted to after 18 months. High users, i.e. £60 bills get to upgrade after 7

Guest awarner [MVP]
Upgrades vary between 7 and 18 months now on orange depending on what kind of user you are, only very low users are restricted to after 18 months. High users, i.e. £60 bills get to upgrade after 7

Interesting as my other Orange phone (now my wife's) is extremely low

usage wise, normally line rental only. I had no problem upgrading after the normal 12 months of the contract was up.

Guest ajb3000

They only changed their upgrade policy a couple of months ago, it used to be anyone could upgrade after 12 months with no fee, no low users have to wait 18 months.

Guest Chic0

How exactly are the low user and high use user defined?

I am on ED50 so line rental is always around £15 per month but my bills are average around £35 when you include insurance, GPRS, SMS and other calls.

So does whether you are a low or high user depend on how much line rental you pay or how much your bills are? Only asking this as my mate reckons it depends on how much line rental you pay.