How to SIM UNLOCK the SAP and make it open line

Guest BizMaster

Guest grifter

@kryz2per,

you have to downgrade your bootloader. Search the pinoy thread for downgrade bootloader.

@tiki,

you have to install the Orange Update available at www.monolithix.org. after loading it, you can run the spvunlock.exe then upgrade again to 1.3.7.8. DON'T, i repeat, DON'T upgrade to 1.50.28 as your SAP will be locked to SMART again.

Guest belarmi

hi! I already erased the ipsm on my phone. how long does it normally take until it says Passed. its been in the canary mode for about 20 minutes already.

another thing, should i be successfull in unlocking the phone, how do i upgrade it again?

thanks

Guest grifter

erasing the ipsm should only take less than 3 secs.

upgrade by downloading the 1.3.7.8 version. don't use the 1.50.28 as it will lock your phone again.

Guest kryz2per

:) S Many Thankz sa inyo mga repa pips.. I haven't try pa your steps on downgrading my SAP, actually my only concern why I want to use a Globe Sim is because Smart charges you when you try to use GPRS w/c is free to Globe.

Now my question is Can i use a Smart sim then have my GPRS configuration set to Globes' Pede b un mga Dude? Free na kya un or may charge p rin kc Smart p rin ang sim.?? That's my concern kc.

Hope you can share ur knowledge on this mga dude.. thx :idea:

Guest kryz2per

Dude thanks for answering.

Pre me question p kc ako e. How much b talaga ang memory capacity ng SAP? The smart agents told me that it is only 16 mb. I thought 32 mb sya.

And when I see my Settings>About it states that Total Storage is 7.50 mb and Total memory is 12.63 so in all that is 20.16. Dude ilan b talaga?

One more thing pre, I heard from others that u can play movies and vcds on ur SAP.. I even seen a demo, my question is what format is that and would u know a program that can convert to that format can u give me a link..

My last question is if I switch to Globe sim can I still sign in to MSN Messenger? Me charge p rin b? {sending and receiving}

Thank u in advance mga pre. :wink:

Guest mariolouis

How much b talaga ang memory capacity ng SAP?

you can check the total and available memory. go to programs/settings/about.

One more thing pre, I heard from others that u can play movies and vcds on ur SAP.. I even seen a demo, my question is what format is that and would u know a program that can convert to that format can u give me a link..

convert your movies to wmv format. download a converter (windows media encoder) from microsoft. if you rather would want mpeg, go to www.pockettv.com, but i prefer wmv since it is more space-saving. you can fit in up to 3-4 movies in one 128mb sd/mmc.

My last question is if I switch to Globe sim can I still sign in to MSN Messenger? Me charge p rin b? {sending and receiving}

yes you can sign-in if you are postpaid. otherwise you cannot access it coz you must use the internet.globe.com.ph apn, which is chargeable.

Guest kryz2per

@mariolouis

thank you for that, but im wondering what is the real memory capacity of my Smart Amazing Phone. I thought at first that it is 32mb, however the Smart CSR told me that it is only 16mb. When I checked it on my Settings > About its a total of about 20.13 mb? Now can anyone tell me the real memory capacity of my phone.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rolodexter

1. all i get when i try to run the SPVUnlock applicaton is an "66% - invalid code - aborting.

2. the power-battery trick doesn't yield a network change when swap sims.

newbie user. please advise.

I saw a mate unock his phone by just simply following the procedure..it will only take about 10 minutes. Check this website:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/other-networks.htm

better follow the "real way"

The "Real" Way  

If you want to completely unlock your phone from the network then try downloading this link http://lifeetc.org/unlock.php . It's nothing to do with me, but the info is now in the public domain so here it is.  

I have no info on this procedure, other than the fact you have to turn the "radio" functions back on after (hit power-button once, then chose "Radio On", then enter code as mentioned in program above).  

The "Quick" Way  

Aswell as that, if you HAVEN'T done the recent update (which appears to have sorted thi) there is an unfortunately easy way to get your phone working on other mobile networks such as o2, Vodafone, Virgin, T-mobile etc. The phone comes as Triband too, so in theory this should work elsewhere. I haven't tried this either, so mail me with your experiences. To fully unlock your phone properly - call Orange, who will happily unlock it for you... so I've been told.

This is how to get any SIM card working on the SPV:-  

1) Insert the power adapter that was recieved with the SPV into the phone

(don't put it in the cradle - use the cable adaptor doobery)

2) Remove the Battery - The SPV should stay on.

3) Remove the Orange SIM and replace it with another networks' SIM card.

4) Replace the battery and remove the power adapter.  

After about 2 minutes the phone should switch from Orange to the new network. If it doesn't make sure you check that ....

Programs->Settings->Telephony->Networks->

.. is set to "AUTOMATIC".

Some stuff may not work after you've done this - the most obvious being SMS texting. You will be able to receive, but not send - why ? Well, you're using the wrong SMS centre number ain't ya?

You need to go to:

Programs> Call Options>

...and change the 'SMS service Centre' number to that for the network you wish to use (Voda, 02, etc etc).

Remember that when you turn the phone off or reboot then the phone will throw a wobbly and (unfortunately), it will still be blocked so you will need to do the entire process again.

Guest midnightman

Hi! guys! pag na unlock ko ba para sa all networks ang phone na updated na, pwede pa rin ba?? kasi parang nabasa ko na pag updated na, di na pwde maunlock para sa network.

next question, paano ko ba malalaman ang version ng phone ko? alam ko na pupunta ako sa settings tapos, titignan ko ang about. pero alin dun ang version na pinaguusapan nila?? kasi may mga nakalagay ppa na ROM update version etc... pero may nakalagay sa ilalaim ng microsoft windows powered smartphone "version 3.0 (build 13037)" yun ba yun?? tapos tinignan ko din dun sa canary display, yung 3 colors, nakalagay ay ver. 1.04 yun ba ang bootloader version??

so sa panghuli, ang talagang tanong ko ay, ma-uunlock ko kaya ang phone para magamit sa globe?? ;)

saka pwede ko rin bang gawin ang unlocking gamit lang ang cable na kasama ng phone? :?:

salamat sa mga tutulong. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried using spv unlock got the code but cannot enter it - it says enter SIM unlocking code. but then has passwrd is invalid, please retry after 960 seconds - but I cannot enter a code!!

Guest dinoalbert

for the rom version, tignan mo yung sa Operator or Manufacturer (?)

to unlock it naman, you SHOULD have at least 0.98 bootloader version. Lahat pwedeng ma-unlock kahit updated na ang rom as long as the BOOTLOADER is 0.98 or lower (pwede rin yata ang 0.99 ?)

Ang mahirap lang i-unlock ay yung update ng Smart na 1.50...the rest like Qtek or i-mate ay pwede pa.... again, as long as bootloader mo ay 0.98.

Now to downgrade your bootloader from 1.4 to 0.98, just follow the instructions or read these threads:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=90189

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=89735&start=0

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=88509&start=0

Hey i tried both ways and it didnt work..first I tried the battery trick and my network search was set on Automatic but after I did the instruction my SAP didnt recognize the new sim card..then I tried the SPVunlock Program and it only reached 66% then a message Invalid code came up..what should i do..

Hey i tried both ways and it didnt work..first I tried the battery trick and my network http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search was set on Automatic but after I did the instruction my SAP didnt recognize the new sim card..then I tried the SPVunlock Program and it only reached 66% then a message  Invalid code came up..what should i do..

you have to do a search for unlocking bootloader 1.04 and Smart ROM version 1.5.0.28. You need to downgrade your phone before you use SPVunlock. or click on the links that dinoalbert mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

ANYBODY HELP,

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG on the steps to take to unlock my SPV

1. If my ROM is 1.5.0.28 , i need to downgrade this using bootloader files (.whx files)

2. The bootloader will only be executed using an SD Card. This cannot be done thru USB.

3. The SPVunlock WILL NOT run in Win98 2ndEd.

Guest josh72201

you only need the winhex so you can copy the bootloader.98 to a sd/mmc card through the use of card reader. You need the full version of winhex otherwise you cannot save the bootloader to SD/MMC card. After that you need to downgrade the smart rom 1.5 to 1.37/qtek rom. You need to run the SPVunlock in a windows XP pc.