wahoo

Guest b1uepower

Guest b1uepower

Davidrm: The last two years will fly by.. then you will be doing GCSE's.. have you chosen what subjects you want to do yet?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

This will be the first summer bar one that i've not have exams since 1994, the exception being 1996.

Something for all you highschool kids to look forward to :)

Guest b1uepower
This will be the first summer bar one that i've not have exams since 1994, the exception being 1996.

Something for all you highschool kids to look forward to :)

Iam not going to collage or uni or any thing like that... iam gonna and try and get a Modern Apprenticeship. :(

Guest awarner [MVP]
Iam not going to collage or uni or any thing like that... iam gonna and try and get a Modern Apprenticeship.   :)

Nice, good on you :(

What do you want to do?

Guest b1uepower

hmm.. well iam tryin to get a job either as a computer tech.. or a website desginer.. but they want people what have been to collage or uni :roll:

so its even harder for me...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Iam not going to collage or uni or any thing like that... iam gonna and try and get a Modern Apprenticeship. :(

I finished 6th form last summer, on a year out now. I've had that many exams and i've not even hit uni yet ;p

The IT industry isn't the best for job's regardless of qualifications atm btw... :/

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I wouldn't think of the IT industry being the place for apprenticeships (if someone can proove me wrong feel free...), experience is key though. Your best bet if you havent already, is to get down to your local careers advice offices, Connxxsions now i think? Tell them what you want to do and ask for suggestions. They may be able to help find you a placement.

But in the meantime get as much experience as you can, a job down your local PC shop, messing in your own time, whatever....it all helps.

I'm doing a Year in Industry placement (www.yini.org.uk), supporting and helping to run a network of about 250 users. You have to be intending on going to uni if you want to do a YinI though....

Any questions feel free to ask (esp with yini as i get brownie points for promoting it :))

Guest b1uepower

Monolithix: yeah, connexions are already lookin for jobs for me.. and i think another place is lookin for a job for me aswell.. and i do have a job in a local PC shop.. iam on sales. :roll:

but hey if i have to go to collage i guess i will.. :shock:

Guest siu99spj

Something for all you highschool kids to look forward to

Duuno what you're complaining about (well actually I do). I've also been doing exams non-stop since 1996 (see below). Haven't had a year off yet and, in my first year off, company wants to send me BACK to Uni!

1996: Maths GCSE

1997: Rest of GCSE's and Ad Maths

1998: 1st year of A Levels (Modular exams)

1999: A Level finals

2000: 1st year at Uni exams

2001: 2nd year uni exams

2002: FINALS!! Now the worlds only bloke with a BEng in Electronic Engineering and Cybernetics. 8)